2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 75, 107, 108, 171, 203, 222 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Feel like I have said this before but I hate how the NHL blitzes their off-season.

Have the combine June 14th - 16th

Have a holiday freeze the day before l, the day of and the day after July 4th

Have the draft July 12th through the 14th

Have free agency start August 5th.

Feels like giving some time in between events would curate more activity.

Just my 2¢

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Feel like I have said this before but I hate how the NHL blitzes their off-season.

Have the combine June 14th - 16th

Have a holiday freeze the day before l, the day of and the day after July 4th

Have the draft July 12th through the 14th

Have free agency start August 5th.

Feels like giving some time in between events would curate more activity.

Just my 2¢

They all want August off.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The physicality and willingness to be creative with the puck (despite maybe not having everything figured out yet) reminds me of Nikishin a little, although I remember a bigger sample size from Nikishin

I am tending toward guys who like the contact. And he seems to manage just fine even against fully grown humans.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Saw this earlier. I'm surprised that Lindstrom has dropped to 10 in his list. Wonder if that's a common thing with his injuries?

Also Sennecke over Demidov is certainly a choice.

Pronman has gone from small and flashy to being a bit sizest so it's interesting to see him slot Demidov in that fourth tier with Sennecke and Catton but have Lindstrom a tier lower.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Pronman has gone from small and flashy to being a bit sizest so it's interesting to see him slot Demidov in that fourth tier with Sennecke and Catton but have Lindstrom a tier lower.

If Lindstrom slips to 11 because the GMs ahead of us are spooked off by his injuries...........I hope Adams does cartwheels all the way to the podium to take him.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I didn’t realize he was THAT high on Yakemchuk

I remain happy with like 15 names…at least 5 of which will be available no matter what happens.

Reactions: Faceboner

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I remain happy with like 15 names…at least 5 of which will be available no matter what happens.

Yep, lots to like, they should be able to land a contributing player. There are very few guys who make me nervous, plenty who have additions to the talent pool.

Reactions: Faceboner

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yep, lots to like, they should be able to land a contributing player. There are very few guys who make me nervous, plenty who have additions to the talent pool.
Last year there was a very real scenario where I wasn’t going to be left with anything I had after a certain tier. It almost happened too. If Arizona took Benson at 12 we were going to be left with a big drop for me on players I liked. And from Benson specifically to what was there…a massive drop.

Can’t really happen this year. I like (almost all) the guys that probably go 5-15 pretty much the same. And there are a lot of profiles in there that we do not have.

Of course…Catton could fall because size rises again. All the D goes and someone takes Helenius because they’re more certain on his future as a C. Or whatever reason great players keep falling to us. And that’s great too.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon

I think this list is less how much he legitimately likes a guy and more on NHL scout influences. Other than the Bobfather, I think he's most connected guy in the scouting world.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
If Lindstrom slips to 11 because the GMs ahead of us are spooked off by his injuries...........I hope Adams does cartwheels all the way to the podium to take him.
Im seeing other criticism about his game beyond the injuries. Here’s from Steve “draft analyst” Kouruanos:

“Although he centered a potent line alongside fellow 2024-eligible and playmaker extraordinaire Andrew Basha, Lidstrom served as either a shooter option or the net-front presence — two areas he dominated to the tune of 27 goals in only 32 games. But concerns do exist beyond his hand and back injuries that shortened his season, beginning with the fact that he mustered only 19 assists for a 0.59 assists-per-game average that is among the lowest from a top-rated WHL first-year-eligible forward in the last 11 years. Central Scouting never budged on ranking Lindstrom third in either of their North American skater lists, but the aforementioned concerns make him less of a guarantee.”

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I think this list is less how much he legitimately likes a guy and more on NHL scout influences. Other than the Bobfather, I think he's most connected guy in the scouting world.

Pronman is as connected to the scouting world as you or I are. At least he’s gotten away from his “top 6 forward” or “top 4 Dman” model. For the most part

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Pronman is as connected to the scouting world as you or I are. At least he’s gotten away from his “top 6 forward” or “top 4 Dman” model. For the most part
You’re talking out of you ass, amigo. He literally mentions all the time how his regular conversations with scouts at games impact his rankings and thoughts about certain players.

Anyone who goes to games a lot can talk to scouts, you don’t need “connections.” They’re just dudes watching games and probably love talking about it.

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
You’re talking out of you ass, amigo. He literally mentions all the time how his regular conversations with scouts at games impact his rankings and thoughts about certain players.

Anyone who goes to games a lot can talk to scouts, you don’t need “connections.” They’re just dudes watching games and probably love talking about it.
I agree with this. I think there is lots to debate about Pronman’s rankings, but he does a better job than most of factoring in what is likely to happen vs. his own own personal rankings.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I was at development camp and saw Pronman chatting with scouts from various teams-I heard him ask their opinions about different players. Just fyi--I assume he uses the eye test, analytics, and opinions from insiders he trusts--but still the whole draft list is tinged with subjectivism.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I was at development camp and saw Pronman chatting with scouts from various teams-I heard him ask their opinions about different players. Just fyi--I assume he uses the eye test, analytics, and opinions from insiders he trusts--but still the whole draft list is tinged with subjectivism.

I think that Pronman used to come out with 2 mock drafts close to the draft -- a mock that is based solely upon what he hears from others and then a mock based solely on what he thinks a team should do/what he would do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad