2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
If I'm Adams, I'm going purely BPA on this one if he retains the pick. I think he may need to make some prospect trades to strength the NHL roster, so the holes we see now won't be the same.
Agreed. Whoever we draft is almost certainly not going to be on the roster until at least 2025-26 and probably after that, a lot will change between now and then. BPA all the way.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’m a the point where every mock I look at that doesn’t put Eiserman on us is met with a hearty nod and a whispered “yeah…totally see your logic”. And anyone that does is met with me flipping off the screen and letting loose an impressive string of expletives. So many picks would make me happy that all my negative energy is directed at the one that doesn’t.

Don’t do me like Beane did, Kev.

Reactions: Zman5778

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Skill-only wingers get paid a lot and eventually need to be replaced by ELCs on good teams.

I get the handedness point, but I don't agree that we're more crowded on wing than D. We have 75% of our D minutes spoken for for the next 5-10 years with a pretty legit pipeline in Novikov, Komarov, Johnson, Strbak, and McCarthy. We have more U25 sure things at D than at scoring winger at the moment.

I just think we could do worse than the EXTREMELY young, best NTDP goal-scorer of all-time at 11.

Very fair points that I appreciate you laying out. I'm curious if he plays at 200 or 210 as well. Having never seen him in his skivvies, I'm not sure how well he's built. Any idea if there are body concerns? I haven't seen any work ethic concerns, which gives me hope that he's just very young and it hasn't clicked yet because it hasn't really had to at lower levels.

He just seems like someone that our FO might really like based on recent precedent. Late birthday, elite peer-vs-peer production that lights up their models, a singular best-in-class skill, pure upside.

Re: the Wahlstrom example, 0.98 and 0.77 GPG are very different NTDP scoring rates, but warning acknowledged. Any idea where people project Eiserman as an overall shooter relative to say Bedard or Kulich?
Strictly from a value perspective, D prospects that aren't undersized and that are developing well are actually extremely valuable as trade chips. Wingers that are developing well usually aren't worth much until they are scoring 20 goals in the NHL.

So just from a value standpoint, drafting a high caliber defensive prospect is not all that bad of a thing for this organization, even if it doesn't strictly fill an organizational need, imo.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Strictly from a value perspective, D prospects that aren't undersized and that are developing well are actually extremely valuable as trade chips. Wingers that are developing well usually aren't worth much until they are scoring 20 goals in the NHL.

So just from a value standpoint, drafting a high caliber defensive prospect is not all that bad of a thing for this organization, even if it doesn't strictly fill an organizational need, imo.
Centers have trade value too - but a ton of guys drafted as centers don’t stay centers, so there’s a lot of risk there too. Outside of Celebrini, every single one of the centers in the top 20 rankings of the this year’s draft could very easily be wingers by D+2.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

Definitely. Though that's all hypothetical until Adams shows a willingness to deal from his prospect depth (which I assume will eventually happen when called for).

We've hit on late round D like Novikov and Komarov while largely chasing offensive upside in early rounds. I fine with that trend continuing.

Reactions: Irie

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Button calling him a mix between Landeskog and Marchand? What an interesting combination.

Too bad Calgary is drafting ninth.

He makes a lot of contact to establish position but I don’t get the worminess. He will finish a hit, for sure, and has a nice mid-range release.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
21321.png
457645.png
4232342.png
4354353.png

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I spent the whole day watching video scouting reports draft today and I think this draft is pretty damn well put together, I liked a lot of the players.

My favorites on D: Dickinson, Levshunov, Buium, Silayev and Yakemchuk

My favorites on F: Lindstrom, Iginla, Helenius and Sennecke

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I've heard at least 3 draft analysts compare Iginla to Boldy, for what it's worth. Lots of similarities.
Hate Boldy. Caught him once live in college and couldn't believe he was a 1st round prospect. I guess that has nothing to do with your post and generally irrelevant but just throwing it out there.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I’d be thrilled if we got someone that good at the 11th spot
Yeah for sure. He just strikes me as a player that leaned on his physical traits and put forth minimum effort. No leadership or winning mentality. That's derived from more than one game but we can all grow and I haven't followed much since his draft year

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Hate Boldy. Caught him once live in college and couldn't believe he was a 1st round prospect. I guess that has nothing to do with your post and generally irrelevant but just throwing it out there.

Always loved him at the NTDP. He wasn't as hyped as Jack Hughes and Wahlstrom but you could tell he was a player. Teammate of Mattias Samuelsson.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I remember thinking boldy had a sneaky good hockey IQ, but haven't watched much Minnesota and am curious to know if that holds up. Picked him in our 2019 draft poll, but think by the time it rolled around jame talked me into wanting Krebs lol

Either way, I want to draft guys who seem to know what to do with the puck before it's on their stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00