2024 Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
How are we supposed to collect all of tampas picks if we just trade them away like that
So far I guess we have Dylan McKinnon, Andrew Gibson, some tiny sliver of Felix Nilsson (from trading the TB 5th to move up) from the Jeannot deal?

Foote was a washout. The 4th rounder we swapped for a 4th this year (which will work out well since we went from #115 to #99. And of course the big return is still coming with the 2025 1st.

Reactions: Enoch

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
So far I guess we have Dylan McKinnon, Andrew Gibson, some tiny sliver of Felix Nilsson (from trading the TB 5th to move up) from the Jeannot deal?

Foote was a washout. The 4th rounder we swapped for a 4th this year (which will work out well since we went from #115 to #99. And of course the big return is still coming with the 2025 1st.
2 big RHD that are more defensive in nature and a sliver of a larger C.

Really will be intriguing what we do with that 1st. Stamkos as a UFA... only 5 million in cap and 18 players signed. Either they make some heavy cap cuts or stamkos walks. Hagel and Cirelli only players with significant cap that dont have trade protections. Heck even sheary and jeannot got 16 team trade/no trade list.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017

Really will be intriguing what we do with that 1st. Stamkos as a UFA... only 5 million in cap and 18 players signed. Either they make some heavy cap cuts or stamkos walks. Hagel and Cirelli only players with significant cap that dont have trade protections. Heck even sheary and jeannot got 16 team trade/no trade list.
Buyout waivers and QOs ought to be coming tonight or tomorrow AM, right? I guess we'll see a lot happening very soon which will start clarifying all these things.

Meanwhile, I guess teams aren't entirely bound by the Cap on July 1st, as they can go over by 10% in the off-season still, right? In the old days, when the buyout window tended to start on June 15th and be closed prior to July 1st, teams would generally have all that work finished so that they knew how much money they truly had available to spend. I guess this year, with the late buyout window, teams could always just go ahead and sign guys, up to the 10% cushion over the Cap anyway, then go ahead with buyouts after to get back under? Unless the whole window is shortened this year? :dunno:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Buyout waivers and QOs ought to be coming tonight or tomorrow AM, right? I guess we'll see a lot happening very soon which will start clarifying all these things.

Meanwhile, I guess teams aren't entirely bound by the Cap on July 1st, as they can go over by 10% in the off-season still, right? In the old days, when the buyout window tended to start on June 15th and be closed prior to July 1st, teams would generally have all that work finished so that they knew how much money they truly had available to spend. I guess this year, with the late buyout window, teams could always just go ahead and sign guys, up to the 10% cushion over the Cap anyway, then go ahead with buyouts after to get back under? Unless the whole window is shortened this year? :dunno:

I guess they can officially start buyouts tomorrow and through the end of the month unless they end up opening the 2nd buyout period with arbitration. That isnt alot of time so i expect alot to be going on here. Should see a couple players going on waivers today.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017

And as regards Stamkos, I think fans and media folk like to get excited about the possibility of a big UFA name on the market, but let's be real here... the Bolts knew what their Cap situation was and what they were doing when they grabbed McDonagh. They didn't just do it and then go "oops - omg we totally forgot about Stammer!!!!" They know something we don't. They have an out. Whether it's guys they know they can move/buyout, whether it's a player they plan on putting on LTIR, whatever. They aren't just waving goodbye to their 40-goal captain.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth

I’d be ok with any of these

I think it would be stupid to take a D thats not Solberg or one of the highly touted D ranked higher who may fall

I want Connelly

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I can't say I have any favorites or predictions this year. It won't utterly shock me if a Boisvert/Beaudoin type is viewed as sort of an O'Reilly-style player, if certain characteristics of players are more important now than pure skill/upside? :dunno:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I don't know a thing about any of these guys, but I just want someone with some size. Forward or defense, I don't care. Apologies to my short kings out there. I'm tired of undersized guys that get pushed around. (I know it's not all about how tall a guy is, but how they use their size, but still).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad