2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He does a lot of circling waiting for the puck vice consistently going after it. Skill wise he's right up there but he's not a power forward. Think his Florida measurements will be in the 5'11 to 6' around 184lbs

Really? I have seen a few sources with him around 6’3”.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Just finished the CHL top prospects game. Any thoughts on Colton Roberts with our 3rd? he seems to have decent vision, uses his size pretty well. Looks like he needs a bit of positional work in the D zone, and skating seemed a bit labored at times but didn't seem terribly slow

RasmWristshotlainen

Jun 24, 2015
Finland
Don't know if it has been discussed already, but how fo you feel about trading down fnd hope for Eliasson to be there. Maybe he goes around 15-20? Anything you guys think would be worth the pick? He seems like s menace(at least at the U18).

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Buffalo Sabres
11. Berkly Catton, C, Spokane (WHL)
43. Gabriel Eliasson, D, Hv71 Jr. (SWEDEN-JR.)
76. Timur Kol, D, Omsk Jr. (RUSSIA-JR.)
108. Dawson Cowan, G, Spokane (WHL)
109. Miguel Marques, RW, Lethbridge (WHL)
172. Fyodor Avramov, LW, Stupino Jr. (RUSSIA-JR.)
204. Roman Shokhrin, D, Loko-76 Yaroslavl (RUSSIA-JR.)
225. Charlie Major, C, Chicago (USHL)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd be excited if this was the draft.

Eliasson has that sort of killer in him that they could use in their d-pipeline to build on the Strbak/McCarthy vein though at that pick, maybe early. I like the later round stuff a lot. Kol is another big, rangy, 2-way d-man. Avramov has some interesting scouting stuff in the public space and good size, Marques that far down seems like a solid gamble boom-or-bust guy. Heh, a mock I don't totally hate.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I am not in love with this mock draft. A lot of hope these guys are better than they have shown so far except for number 1 who is likely to be another smallish skilled winger. And I guess more LD and short goalies is what we look forward to? I bow to those who have seen these guys play but the scouting reports about them that I have read don't excite me.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Eliasson has that sort of killer in him that they could use in their d-pipeline to build on the Strbak/McCarthy vein though at that pick, maybe early. I like the later round stuff a lot. Kol is another big, rangy, 2-way d-man. Avramov has some interesting scouting stuff in the public space and good size, Marques that far down seems like a solid gamble boom-or-bust guy. Heh, a mock I don't totally hate.
Top flight center prospect so everyone can stop bitching about that? Check.

Size, size, size? Check.

A goalie (take one every year, I don't care who)? Check.

Leveraging Russia and the new-found courage to draft there? Check.

Catton/Eliasson at 11/43 would have me buzzing.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Is Catton perferred over Helenius at Center now here or is it just the thinking Helenius will not be there now ?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is Catton perferred over Helenius at Center now here or is it just the thinking Helenius will not be there now ?

Most in the public space have Catton as a winger at the next level. Many have Helenius at center. At least going on that, Helenius is the center option. I think some discount Helenius' offensive game - guy has the fifth best point total for draft eligible guys out of the Liiga, full stop.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I'd take Helenius over Catton, simply because Catton is more of the same. His offensive skills appear better but that's playing juniors while Helenius put up his points versus men and carried his team when some teammates were off to Champions

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
What happened to MBN? (not even going to try to spell his name out from memory).

I thought he was expected to go higher than 18th?

Dropping? Being pushed down by others? Or just "Pronman being Pronman"?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
What happened to MBN? (not even going to try to spell his name out from memory).

I thought he was expected to go higher than 18th?

Dropping? Being pushed down by others? Or just "Pronman being Pronman"?
Seems like a good pick at 11, but there might be players with a higher ceiling and Kevyn usually picks the ceiling. But overall I would be happy with MBN's pick.

Nygard_2024.PNG.4c514e0048ffa9dbfbddb6f6db59d15b.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad