2024 nhl draft late round favorites ( 2nd to 7th)

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I think Marques could figure it out. Also really like Shuravin from a defensive defenseman standpoint. My goalie pick would be Sarinen or Gazmin

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
I really like the Raoul Boilard pick at 119.

First season in the QMJHL and part of the Q All-Star rookie team. He also had the most goals and most assists of all rookies in the Q.

He was also named the player of the game in the CHL/NHL Top prospects game after scoring 2 and assisting another in a 3-1 win.

A really dark horse pick here and I am hyped for him.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
2nd Round:

Teddy Stiga
Nikita Artamonov
Leo Sahlin Wallenius

3rd Round:

AJ Spellacy
Will Zellers
Melvin Fernstrom

4th Round:

Aron Kiviharju
Riley Patterson

5th Round:

Noah Powell
Luke Misa

6th Round:

Anthony Romani
Austin Burnevik

7th Round:

Joe Connor
James Reeder
Mac Swanson
Christian Humphreys
Kaviharju and Humphreys are absolute steals.

Patty Ice

Mighty Luca
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Joe Connor is someone I like coming out last year and was disappointed he wasn't selected in '23. He's the underdog type that I'm drawn to. Not saying he'll be Pavelski but he very much gives off that vibe. It will really depend on his attitude and work ethic (and some luck with health) but I think there's NHL talent there. Bolts always grab a player I like every year it seems.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I really like the Raoul Boilard pick at 119.

First season in the QMJHL and part of the Q All-Star rookie team. He also had the most goals and most assists of all rookies in the Q.

He was also named the player of the game in the CHL/NHL Top prospects game after scoring 2 and assisting another in a 3-1 win.

A really dark horse pick here and I am hyped for him.
Hated that the rangers picked him. I mentioned him on the isles forum as a guy I’d like to draft. He’s got great frame already and he’s really good 2way

Reactions: 5cotland

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
On the US side of things,

Mustard in the 3rd. I like him better than all of the NTDP/USHL 2nd rounders and some of them by a lot. Great release, ability to shoot in stride, plus hands and skater. Question is if he is only a simple north south shooter or if he can add more dimensions to his game. My sense is that he can do that as he develops and plays with more talent around him. He was right there with the Hage/Boisvert/Gridin grouping for me. More of an early-mid 2nd than early 3rd.

Groenewold in the 4th. He has a lot of pro attributes. 6'2, good skater, and good defensive stick. Lacks high end puck skills and some sense concerns that limit his upside, but I think he has a real chance to play. Question is if the total package is spectacular enough to carve a spot in the NHL or if he ends up more a 2nd pair AHLer.

Lucas Van Vliet in the 7th. I had him as a late 3rd to early 5th coming into the draft. The stats weren't good for various reasons, but tools wise there is a lot to like. 6'1, above average skater, hands, and shot. If it all comes together there is legitimate middle 6 upside. He has some NHL attributes where some of the others that went 7th round are real longshots.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
The Bruins getting Jonathan Morello in the 5th round should return good value. Big kid who is also one of the fastest players in the draft. Going USHL next year and Clarkson after that...could see him being a very good ROI as a Middle six/3rd liner someday. Feel like there is a nice floor and potential upside beyond that....a couple services had him in the 90-100 range so getting him at 154 with the rare size/speed combo feels like good value. He was apparently turning it on in the 2nd half of the year and had a great playoffs in the OJHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad