GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Discussion - Draft Picks Are For Losers!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Well… Really liking our draft so far…

Even though I would have love to take a flyer on Kiviharju or Poirier ! They were my favorite BOOM-types !!

But Zito has been banking on those picks so far…

Couple of big projects at center, with upside when talking about Zether and Gorbunov !

Great character kid, captain of his group-age in Sweden, with skill, brain and high probability to play in Eriksson !

Another high-character and talented kid with upside in Shuravin !

Sounds like we were targeting role-players or equivalents to what we already have: Eriksson looks like Luostarinen/Lundell, Shuravin is kinda Mikkola and Zether/Gorbunov are our new Stenlund projects… Funny.

We still had the chance for some high high upside kid and didn’t take it. Would rather have traded up… And still think we should have our eyes on D.

But in Bill we trust ! :naughty:

Reactions: Ghoste

Thewselius

Jul 24, 2003
West Palm Beach
We really filled the cupboard with centers today. Before today there was only Sawchyn to consider at the top of that list. Ericksson has some great vision (no look passing), can grind in front of the net, and who knows might see him on the 3rd line when Lundell takes over the 2nd center spot.

Shuravin looks good too. He's LD yet from the videos he roams around a lot for a big guy.

CaptainScrewy

Apr 9, 2003
Hollywood , Florida
Visit site
When you are a garbage team with a bunch of draft picks like we used to be, you take high upside and hope one of them hits (spoiler alert: they almost never do) when you're good though? Take somebody who has a chance to actually play with a good team and contribute, if any of these guys end up playing for us this draft is a HUGE win. I don't need upside. Give me an Eetu or Mikkola. Huge salary cap flexibility if/when they actually are on the bottom 6 or 5/6th D man.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad