GDT: 2024 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11:30AM ET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Well, Michkov didn’t drop because of player evaluation, they were other circumstances that some teams were petrified of along with his own machinations. Remember, they had to meet with him - twice - to be convinced he even wanted to play here. They were looking for reasons to not take him.
He's still someone who fell and the Flyers are hoping he makes other teams looks stupid. Why don't even know why Buium fell at this point, except that the Flyers didn't want him because they already have Andrae.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
He's still someone who fell and the Flyers are hoping he makes other teams looks stupid. Why don't even know why Buium fell at this point, except that the Flyers didn't want him because they already have Andrae.

I feel like I'm losing my mind a bit here. Buium fell on draft day. Not one player brought up by someone other than me did that. They fell before because they didn't live up to on ice expectations or because of a war and international relations.

Buium had zero off ice issues and significantly improved in his draft year.

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
I'm not a fan at all of Briere's day 1. But a question I wanted to pose to everyone: do you think the NHL is a lot lower on Buium than most of the scouting services and if so, why?

Doesn't seem like anyone was too keen to make a big trade with Danny to come up and get him if the best we could do was a 3rd rounder from Minnesota. And needless to say, he was the last of all the top crop of defensemen to come off the board, which was a surprise to me. A couple guys went before him, who I think don't have legitimate #1D upside.

Reactions: renberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad