GDT: 2024 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11:30AM ET)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
Only thing frustrating is could this pick have been used to move up.
No doubt. We heard how aggressively Briere tried to move up but it sounds like nobody was interested in just 12 + 32 and maybe someone like Laughton. Not sure Briere could've done much more to move up without doing something stupid.

Instead he did something stupid by trading back from 12 to 13 and skipping out on Buium for another "cute" pick.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
They made that deal because they figure they can use the pick when its time to move forward more aggressively.

They will never pick a player at the draft with it.

If thats not the rationale then I have no idea

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
You think, you think Edm will be bad for next 2-3 years? we have to wait another year or two just to draft someone...? We traded Giroux 2 years ago and still did not draft a player for him.

the f*** is he doing.
I just don't think it's worth losing your minds over. We have no control over the team so I don't get why everyone goes into all caps mode and frothing at the mouth over this team. The Flyers should get a better player in the future than whatever they'd have taken at 32. Hopefully it's a pick in 2025 but honestly it's dumb to be worked up over this trade.

Be mad about trading back from 12 to 13 because that was stupid based on taking Luchanko.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't mind this trade. Whatever the pick is in 2025 or 2026 will be a higher pick than 32. Don't think it's worth shitting your pants over, even though that's the usual around here.

I am begging people to understand that the break-even line of value for a future pick is not 1 spot higher if it’s 1-2 years down the line. It’s just not. It’s one of the craziest things ever said on this board.

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
I am begging people to understand that the break-even line of value for a future pick is not 1 spot higher if it’s 1-2 years down the line. It’s just not. It’s one of the craziest things ever said on this board.
So if the Edmonton pick is 20th overall in 2025/6 you don't think that's better than the crapshoot at 32 this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad