GDT: 2024 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11:30AM ET)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I guess I’m hoping for Stiga, or one of the two Russian forwards. I wouldn’t mind a huge boom or bust swing though, whoever that may be

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
During the draft is when we used to get cool things to happen, but now no one does anything but just make picks.

Reactions: Tripod

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
There’s nothing the flyers can do at 32 to save this draft. Even if there was someone available that would make it worthwhile they’d go with a one legged man who one time threatened to kick someones ass

Their scouts have been dogshit for years.

That whole department.

But it was all the boogie man Hextall’s fault

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm a big Basha fan. I didn't see a single game where he didn't drive the bus with Lindstrom offensively. Great short area skill, hands and feet.

Stiga looks like the all-around, no weakness glue guy the NTDP churns out regularly.

Both those guys are better forwards than Luchankov.

Take someone with massive upside

They have Michkov. Do they need anyone else better than a 3rd liner?

There are no more players with projectable "massive upside." You just hope for a good player who outperforms.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Unfortunately a great pick at #32 isn't going to making passing on Buium feel any better.

We could have had Buium and a great pick at #32.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad