GDT: 2024 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11:30AM ET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Seems like a decent pick but I hate the thought process of trading up at this point in the draft giving away more lottery tickets for a range that just doesn’t produce great odds in a singular sense.
I don't hate trading up if there's a guy you love who's a tier above on your board and you're sure he won't make it to you. But adding another 3rd to move up 18 picks seems a little steep compared to what I've seen others pay. IDK.

Plus I've heard the 2025 draft is the deepest draft in league history (from the Flyers) so I would think we'd want that extra 3rd!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Remember, to trade up and grab Gill, it means the Flyers had him rated higher and couldn't believe he was still there.

Incompetence

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I know everyone doesn't follow football, but one of the big takeaways from the avalanche of data that we have gotten in the last decade or so is that while no one is great at drafting, the ones who are worse at it than everyone else are those that are overconfident in their personal board.

That's the Flyers in a nutshell. And it's so much worse to do it in a sport where projections are for significantly younger players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad