GDT: 2024 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11:30AM ET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
My only real hope for this draft is that the Canadiens pass on Demidov and pick someone like Yakemchuk or Sennecke so I can get some pleasure from their fans' reactions.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
The rumored ask of the Flyers is 2024 #12, #32, and Colorado's 2025 1st. What would be the equivalent ask of the Hurricanes? Necas, 2024 #27, and #60?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I think a lot of this is your typical GMs using the media to try and drive the prices. We will see, it’s quiet and I’m not even sure if Carolina is going to draft Demidov either. And saw speculation that Montreal wants Iggy but again, could be a smokescreen.

Reactions: TheKingPin

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
I'm loving that Briere keeps striking out trying to move up into the top-10. Maybe it will even get through his thick skull that this is why teams tank - because its the only way to get those picks.
Why would you love it? This is such a pathetic take as a fan of a team.

I applaud it, actually.

The reality is that he can easily get the trade by giving up more, for which he would then be lambasted by this same group. Right now, what I see is that he's trying to use his 'free' assets (2nd 1st from FLA, 2nd 1st from COL) - things that we aren't really supposed to own anyway, of which he inherited one, and secured another from 2 good trades.

Will it work? We don't know, but if he includes Farabee in there? Yes, we'd already have the #4, so I find the terms 'striking out' to be an interesting choice of words.

Fly0rDie

Jun 11, 2016
They tried to trade up for Michkov last year and striked out, but he obviously fell in their lap anyways. Catton could very well fall in their lap at 12 without having to give up any other assets. Could be a blessing in disguise… Until they draft Stolberg at 12 with Catton on the board and I jump off a bridge.

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021

I applaud it, actually.

The reality is that he can easily get the trade by giving up more, for which he would then be lambasted by this same group. Right now, what I see is that he's trying to use his 'free' assets (2nd 1st from FLA, 2nd 1st from COL) - things that we aren't really supposed to own anyway, of which he inherited one, and secured another from 2 good trades.

Will it work? We don't know, but if he includes Farabee in there? Yes, we'd already have the #4, so I find the terms 'striking out' to be an interesting choice of words.
Because it would teach him you can already have those picks if you actually acted like a rebuilding team. Though I suspect you already realize that but purposefully dense from someone who will support whatever the Flyers do.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If all those picks are truly available, you won’t see any of trades until they’re live on the clock with the board realized. Possible exception of #4, which could go early if everyone knows 1-3.

Maybe I'm an idiot swayed by flawed observation, but it feels like there's more furor over trading into the top 10 than usual. Wonder if the Flyers managing to land Michkov has a lot of teams taking an "anything can happen, but only if you're there!" position.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Maybe I'm an idiot swayed by flawed observation, but it feels like there's more furor over trading into the top 10 than usual. Wonder if the Flyers managing to land Michkov has a lot of teams taking an "anything can happen, but only if you're there!" position.
Could be. It's an interesting take.

But then again, the furor is counter intuitive to that, isn't it? There's a lot more about "my pick is available" as well - where as last year, nothing was even mentioned as being available. If they would take that approach, why make the pick tradeable?

So I don't know.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
And if their draft board is 10 deep anyone who falls is a huge win.

• Wow

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Could be. It's an interesting take.

But then again, the furor is counter intuitive to that, isn't it? There's a lot more about "my pick is available" as well - where as last year, nothing was even mentioned as being available. If they would take that approach, why make the pick tradeable?

So I don't know.

See, I am an idiot

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Sigh. Another one

mGG6dN.gif

• Wow

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

I applaud it, actually.

You seem to be missing the rather obvious point that the Flyers need a massive infusion of talent if they hope to be a contender sometime this decade, so having a top 5 pick in addition to some extra late 1sts is a much better position than using those two late 1sts to move up from 12 to 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad