NFL: 2024 NFL draft discussion thread, Draft begins 4/25 8pm, 4/26 6pm, 4/27 12pm

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Detroit takes an OT from UBC! Giovanni Manu.

I don't know who this guy nor the other are. But they do fill needs.

Not fond of trading picks next year for both so we'll need to recoup some next year.

Only thing left is to grab a Kicker with their last two picks or once the draft ends.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know who this guy nor the other are. But they do fill needs.

Not fond of trading picks next year for both so we'll need to recoup some next year.

Only thing left is to grab a Kicker with their last two picks or once the draft ends.
Don’t really need a kicker if you never kick field goals or extra points.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Teams at this stage in round 5 and entering round 6, are getting close to being done. So, willing to go and get the last guy(s) they have on their board.

Most were saying rounds 6-7 talent is a big dropoff now.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Saints drafted Jake Haener last year, and near as I can tell, they do like him, and he has a good relationship with Derek Carr because they have a history. Needless to say, this is a wasted pick. They do have a new offensive staff, so Haener is on notice, but you should never draft quarterbacks unless you have a path to get them on the field, especially ones who did nothing but regress in college.
I think that's fair to say for day 1 and 2 picks. Day 3 guys, more likely seen as backups or much longer shots to play. Not really creating a path for them to get onto the field. More on the QB to shine than the team building around them.

I mean, what did Minny and TB get out of Mond and Trask at the end of the 2nd early 3rd like 3 drafts ago. Unless they were confident enough to give Trask the ball after Brady left this past season, it turns out it was a wasted late 2nd when they ended up needing depth at OL, WR, and other places.
At least Mills got onto the filed. Probably has enough film to warrant being a backup down the line once he's done his rookie deal.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Good draft by them, an exceptional Tight End, 2 big huge bodies on the offensive line and a tackling corner back.

Time to add some more, we can look at some LB's on the next pick.
You nailed it. Eichenberg's a really tough hardworking player who can play special teams so I'm happy with this pick.

Reactions: EpochLink

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I'm not crazy about the Lions trading their 3rd and 4th in next year's draft but I do love that Holmes is making sure he gets the guys he really wants. That's 4 of 5 picks he's moved up for and Rakestraw was a clear case of picking the bpa. Been a good draft for them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Joe Milton drafted by the Patriots. Dude can throw it out of the stadium but lots of work to do there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad