NBA 2024 NBA Offseason

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Now that THAT'S over with, we can turn our attention to the things that really matter. Like what will LeBron do? What will the 76ers do with all that cap space? Will the Spurs get somebody who can throw lobs to Wemby? Will Luka get in shape? Will Joker get in shape? Will Zion get in shape?

And of course the basketball highlight of every summer... Ben Simmons workout videos!

Under the new CBA, teams can now (like, right now, today) negotiate with their own free agents.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's going to be an interesting offseason for sure. Always is in the NBA.

I still don't know if I fully buy the Paul George stuff. Only way I think he leaves is if the Clippers low ball or they put a "Kawhi cap" on his offer, as in they're not giving him more than Kawhi. That doesn't seem like Ballmer's style but we'll see.

Same goes for Jimmy. A lot of smoke out there and little jabs but then both sides also turnaround and leak how much they love each other. Jimmy turned that entire franchise around after they were handing out max deals to the likes of Hassan Whiteside and $50+ mill to Tyler Johnson, Dion Waiters, and James Johnson. At the same time, a two-year extension for his age, injury history, and Thibs miles would be a disaster as soon as pen hits paper.

I do think we'll see some big trades though and I can't wait.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
It's going to be an interesting offseason for sure. Always is in the NBA.

I still don't know if I fully buy the Paul George stuff. Only way I think he leaves is if the Clippers low ball or they put a "Kawhi cap" on his offer, as in they're not giving him more than Kawhi. That doesn't seem like Ballmer's style but we'll see.

Same goes for Jimmy. A lot of smoke out there and little jabs but then both sides also turnaround and leak how much they love each other. Jimmy turned that entire franchise around after they were handing out max deals to the likes of Hassan Whiteside and $50+ mill to Tyler Johnson, Dion Waiters, and James Johnson. At the same time, a two-year extension for his age, injury history, and Thibs miles would be a disaster as soon as pen hits paper.

I do think we'll see some big trades though and I can't wait.
Seems like the Clippers may in fact be taking a hard line with PG. Personally I’d be surprised if he ends up with the Sixers but they do have the cap space and we know how Morey loves his stars.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Seems like the Clippers may in fact be taking a hard line with PG. Personally I’d be surprised if he ends up with the Sixers but they do have the cap space and we know how Morey loves his stars.

He'd be a great fit with Philly. The playoff and injury questions exist but that's a perfect third offensive option, who can defend on the perimeter.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He'd be a great fit with Philly. The playoff and injury questions exist but that's a perfect third offensive option, who can defend on the perimeter.

Team that can't succeed in the playoffs signs player who isn't very good in the playoffs, call it a match made in heaven.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Wow. I like Claxton but that’s a lot for a guy that doesn’t provide all that much on the offensive end.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Wow. I like Claxton but that’s a lot for a guy that doesn’t provide all that much on the offensive end.

Did he come up for the Sixers somehow? I feel like I’ve talked about him before and have no other reason to do that otherwise.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Did he come up for the Sixers somehow? I feel like I’ve talked about him before and have no other reason to do that otherwise.
I might have mentioned him as potential backup for Embiid but obviously not at anything near that price. I think he’s making around $8M now (about the same as Paul Reed) but that would be one hell of a raise if he gets it.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
You wanted it, you got it

It was always just a matter of time.

Now personally, I've always been a fan of those 2019 videos, I think the camera work was excellent and back then there was certain "newness" to it all. I mean, I totally get why, once you have a winning formula you want to stick with it; it's working great for GRRM too. But maybe change the setting a little, you know, work out at the playground with 12 year olds or something.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Horrible shot form. He has that chicken wing shooting arm, which is a no-no in basketball.
Always had it. He's basically the same player he was when he came into the league. Hasn't grown his game at all, except maybe on defense where he is actually excellent. Or at least he was, with the Sixers.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
NBA off-seasons are the best lol. I’m here for all the chaos! This Durant to Houston rumor is wild. Stephen A Smith seems to think they’re really after Booker and not Durant. Either way you’d have to think Segun/Vanvleet would have to be included to match the salaries

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Durant gonna be so mad if Booker gets out and he doesn’t.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
can't see kd or booker leaving before the season starts. doubt budenholzer took the job without a firm guarantee that he'd have both to work with

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Not sure what he has left in the tank but he played for the Rockets so I'm sure Morey's phone lit up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad