Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Development Camp

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Excellent. I think he's become my underdog prospect. I love his potential because he has size/athleticism, but he has at least one tool (shot/finishing) that stands out and he can build a game around. I read good things about his shot on EP so your comment confused me for a sec hah.

I don't expect him to become a star, but I think he could be a strong bottom six piece that provides secondary goalscoring.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Excellent. I think he's become my underdog prospect. I love his potential because he has size/athleticism, but he has at least one tool (shot/finishing) that stands out and he can build a game around. I read good things about his shot on EP so your comment confused me for a sec hah.

I don't expect him to become a star, but I think he could be a strong bottom six piece that provides secondary goalscoring.

If he can be a bottom 6 guy with the ability to pop in the occasional chance, that's a great pick where we took him. Really nice find by the team, looking forward to following him this year.

Tuch-Florian-Thorpe might be a nice playoff line.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If he can be a bottom 6 guy with the ability to pop in the occasional chance, that's a great pick where we took him. Really nice find by the team, looking forward to following him this year.

Tuch-Florian-Thorpe might be a nice playoff line.
I've always wanted the Habs to find a way to build a long-term bottom six line, with young players who are happy to cement their ticket to the show as important roleplayers. I hope the Habs get more intentional about the bottom six makeup.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Only 4 on 4 but Florian best player in this camp. Either him or Hage.

It was Hage, but Florian was fantastic too. Guy is just violent for the sake of it. What I loved about Hage is they really played him physical at the end of the first game and he responded with like 3 points on the first 4 goals in the second, having dominant shifts one after the other. Guy has that McDavid hip stance when he skates. Love it.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Happy that Hage was dominating most of his shifts. Like I said to move up to make sure that you get a guy like Hage that drops a little was the right decision from Hughes. There was quite a drop in talent after the top 23rd-ish.

They did their work, crazy what competent management can accomplish when they actually do their job.

I was hoping for Hage at 26 but in retrospective he wouldn't have made it to that rank.

Last edited:

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
That 2022 draft for the Habs could one day be considered their best ever.
Slaf
Mesar
Beck
Hutson
Engstrom

Of course there is the distinct possibility that some of these guys don't make it but as of right now this 2022 draft looks awfully promising longterm.
Agreed. I’m not sure why, but messe has always rubbed me the wrong way. Personally, I would package him for a top six forward( McGroarty).

• Love
Reactions: overlords

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad