Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Development Camp

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
ya it is refreshing development...I remember under Bergy hearing 'its up to them' so often lol
Byron also is a guy who did the work and watched the video to turn his career around. He will know how to sell it to a guy who is at the very start, with more potential and opportunity than Byron ever got. Beck looks like a pro already

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
No need Hughes makes sure they are good people before he drafts them.
Good people who can handle and thrive in a high pressure high reward market.
Gee that might just be a great idea.
They had Therrien and Bergeron doing draft analysis. I hate watching one of them, two is just depressing. They are both bitter and done, and they dump on the habs.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Cut the goalie who let Gallagher score on him.

You know I could see Gally get between 17-20 goals this season. Of course that ain't worth 6.5 but still can't knock the guy for his determination and leadership.

Going back to Gainey we were a minus of one 1st and minus 3 2nds during his tenure. MB was about even I think with the top rounds. Because of the rebuild we definitely have more draft picks and most importantly 1sts and 2nds.

Now, with the drafting and actual development of players ( Gainey drafted some decent guys but Jacques Martin especially stunted several of them and MB of course chose coaches who didn't believe development was in their job description at all ) there are players actually improving and we have prospects who can become 1st line players.

Let's also not forget Gauthier's influence. Once Gainey's family tragedy happened he was GM in name only. That's when our friendly neighborhood Vegan ran the show.

Reactions: Fenris and yianik

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Hughes and Gorton are clearly shrewd managers doing a great job, but comparing eras is tough. Did Gainey and/or Bergevin got the green light to rebuild from Gillett & Molson? Probably not.

Timmins struggled drafting forwards but let's not pretend like he had obvious opportunities like Slafkovsky and Demidov. Galchenyuk was probably the right pick, and Kotkaniemi was a mistake but this spot was a bit of a crapshoot. The 2024 equivalent was if Svechnikov had fallen to 3rd overall. There were people who wanted Tkachuk but there were people who wanted Zadina.

His best opportunity was probably the 2003 draft but it was early in his career and I always liked Andrei Kostitsyn. The fact that several franchise players ended up drafted after him in an outlier draft looks bad but it is what it is.

Gainey got us Alex Kovalev, gets a free pass on that alone. And Gainey took over the team after the darkest period of its history. His real job was to bring some pride and enthusiasm back to the franchise and I think he succeeded, along with Pierre Boivin's masterful job in marketing.
I don’t buy the low ceiling stuff in MB’s era of drafting. Galchenyuk, Scherbak, Sergachev, Caufield, Mailloux. KK’s development went sideways. Tkachuk was seen as a low ceiling pick by many.

He got Vanek and Radulov. Took flyers on talented past their primes guys all the time. Being allergic to skill wasn’t one of MB’s problems.

Reactions: Andy

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Byron is a habs hero
Sometimes the right pickup on waivers ends up returning a 3rd round pick, sometimes we get a small hero that keeps on giving. I loved Byron.

That hit on Weegar was a sad mistake. It caused the response a while later giving Byron his concussion which really hurt his career.

I'm happy he's been hired in player development, he really can help the guys, he was a great player that compensated his small size with a big heart and high IQ.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Sometimes the right pickup on waivers ends up returning a 3rd round pick, sometimes we get a small hero that keeps on giving. I loved Byron.

That hit on Weegar was a sad mistake. It caused the response a while later giving Byron his concussion which really hurt his career.

I'm happy he's been hired in player development, he really can help the guys, he was a great player that compensated his small size with a big heart and high IQ.
He scored a memorable goal in 2021. I will always be grateful for that.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Godin put out on article on Filip Eriksson.

Ramage said he didn't recognize him this year because he looks much more mature but still has a lot more room to grow and get stronger.

He's my dark horse prospect in the whole system. I think there's a world where he's a really really big player for us. His smarts and anticipation are quite good and he has a lot of skill. Gotta get stronger and tougher.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Godin put out on article on Filip Eriksson.

Ramage said he didn't recognize him this year because he looks much more mature but still has a lot more room to grow and get stronger.

He's my dark horse prospect in the whole system. I think there's a world where he's a really really big player for us. His smarts and anticipation are quite good and he has a lot of skill. Gotta get stronger and tougher.
Imagine if him and/or Engstrom play games... The habs swedish drought would be over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad