Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
This kid's moxie man..
barney-simpsons.gif

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Beck was already in Montréal and Croteau was probably told too come because they always need goalies, but they are the only 2022 draftees present, the rest were told to stay home and continue their training.

14 of the 30 kids present this year are invites too. A lot less prospects, a lot more invites...

Also, I think Beck is more of a vet example for the rest of the kids. He's a pro on and off the ice. Probably why Suzuki is there too.
After having to live in Peterborough and Saginaw, I can just imagine how Montreal feels for him :laugh:

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Let's say Zetterberg is really impressive, can Habs sign him as free agent now ? Or Zetterberg must go back to entry draft next year ?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Let's say Zetterberg is really impressive, can Habs sign him as free agent now ? Or Zetterberg must go back to entry draft next year ?

no he has to go back into the draft because he didn't play in North America and wasn't drafted. If he played in the CHL and wasn't drafted we could easily sign him.

As @montreal said, but Zetterberg is going NCAA route in 2024-2025, so unlikely he gets signed unless he goes pro.

Reactions: montreal

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
no he has to go back into the draft because he didn't play in North America and wasn't drafted. If he played in the CHL and wasn't drafted we could easily sign him.
Gosh darn it. I could see him being a 3rd or 4th rounder next year if he has a big season, which is a very real possibility.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad