Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Development Camp

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
The only thing with Dvorak is he's going into a contract year. He must see what others are getting and knows if he doesn't pick it up, he's going to be getting 4th line money below $2m. Maybe $1m show me deal. He's been shit.

It should be motivational enough for him, I expect him to get back into 35 point range.

I haven't thought about that, you're right! Same with Evans and Armia. We might have a better bottom 6 than I initially thought lol

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I haven't thought about that, you're right! Same with Evans and Armia. We might have a better bottom 6 than I initially thought lol

Yup, they're all going to be playing for their next contracts. They're all young enough to get 4 years, too, on their next contracts. But, if they're all crap? They're getting 1-2 years with pay cuts, or maybe PTOs.

Reactions: TesseractPrice

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That's what, 3 straight summers in MTL?

Safe to say he LIVES lives here now lol

I bet Gorton and Hughes have to pinch themselves at night knowing this whole project they're in the middle of undertaking with a hundred 20-21 yr olds is spearheaded by a 25 yr old Captain Suzuki and 23 yr old Caufield who already have 1 *Cup Final* under their belts as experience already
And everything has just been to help surround that, and it's going almost *too* well lmao
He's a great captain. Cerebral and solid two way play.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Screenshot_20240703_140532_X.jpg

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Thorpe seems like a big, dumb, goofy, loveable guy.

Knows he needs to work on his skating. Wants to be a power forward.

Honestly don't know why they didn't draft Zetterberg with the pick they used on that Swedish dman and then just signed the Swedish dman to a contract if you like him that much.

Yes, limited on contracts and whatnot, but still.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Honestly don't know why they didn't draft Zetterberg with the pick they used on that Swedish dman and then just signed the Swedish dman to a contract if you like him that much.

Can't sign undrafted prospects who played games in Europe during the previous season if they are still draft eligible.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Hab didn't draft anyone under 6'0'' last draft.
and most of the league didn't bother too, only 3 kids under 5'11 taken if I remember right.

+ what Treb said.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Hughes wanted to build a specific culture and so far Suzuki, Cole and Slaf have bought into it. You gotta think Demidov and Reinbacher will, as well. Guhle and Arber also seem to be closely knit with this group.

Can't wait to integrate Beck, Fowler and Hutson.
I'm INSULTED the word 'Dach' is nowhere in this post btw
Just sayin' :D
(But I'll let it slide.. hard to remember 5 sure fire top6ers after 20+ years of.. 1?2?)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Just cause he was hurt but he also seems to love Cole and the boyz. Dach finna feast this year it ain't gonna be funny.
The biggest thing that has to happen for us this year is a good healthy year from Dach. If he gets hurt again, we may have consider getting a healthier center. I love Dach but he’s missed so much hockey already in his career.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'm INSULTED the word 'Dach' is nowhere in this post btw
Just sayin' :D
(But I'll let it slide.. hard to remember 5 sure fire top6ers after 20+ years of.. 1?2?)

That's a different list, a list of Montreal's love of young centers with 4 letter last names (Dach, Beck, Hage).

Reactions: Redux91

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Just finished that Owen Beck 15 min presser

Good head on his shoulders and well spoken is such a freaking understatement man
Not that I didn't already know it lol

Just no way he doesn't pan out for us, im unbelievably high on him
I just remember his combine interview and smile:
-Are you good at the faceoffs
-Yes
-How good?
-Best in the CHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad