Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Development Camp

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I believe Beck have about 50% chance to start the season in MTL as a 3rd line center.
Beck does play a pro game so i woudlnt be surprised if he deserved a spot but we have Suzuki,Dach,Dvorak and Evans to start the season so i rather have him in Laval play bigger minutes

At deadline its possible that Dvorak gets traded at 50% retention so he might end the year here if it goes well with the Rocket i think next year hes a lock to make it

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Seriously.

Let the guy get some seat time in the AHL. Have we learned nothing?

I get he plays a pro game, but let him play in the AHL and be one of the teams best players rather than completely stifling his offense at 20 by making him be a shut down center.
Learned what? I learned is that each player is different , like slaf was better kept in mtl other probably not.
All this to say this group gets it thus I trust what they view is best for beck

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
That would be my plan, mind you Dvorak is likely injured by 3rd week of November. :laugh:

The only thing with Dvorak is he's going into a contract year. He must see what others are getting and knows if he doesn't pick it up, he's going to be getting 4th line money below $2m. Maybe $1m show me deal. He's been shit.

It should be motivational enough for him, I expect him to get back into 35 point range.

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
1720024308641.png

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Just finished that Owen Beck 15 min presser

Good head on his shoulders and well spoken is such a freaking understatement man
Not that I didn't already know it lol

Just no way he doesn't pan out for us, im unbelievably high on him
That uh..
Jacob Fowler 15 min presser was JUST as good if not better btw..
Recommend.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Weird to see Beck at the Dev camp considering he's played an NHL game.
Beck was already in Montréal and Croteau was probably told too come because they always need goalies, but they are the only 2022 draftees present, the rest were told to stay home and continue their training.

14 of the 30 kids present this year are invites too. A lot less prospects, a lot more invites...

Also, I think Beck is more of a vet example for the rest of the kids. He's a pro on and off the ice. Probably why Suzuki is there too.

Reactions: NewDef and Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I love Suzuki's commitment to the team and its future.
That's what, 3 straight summers in MTL?

Safe to say he LIVES lives here now lol

I bet Gorton and Hughes have to pinch themselves at night knowing this whole project they're in the middle of undertaking with a hundred 20-21 yr olds is spearheaded by a 25 yr old Captain Suzuki and 23 yr old Caufield who already have 1 *Cup Final* under their belts as experience already
And everything has just been to help surround that, and it's going almost *too* well lmao

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's what, 3 straight summers in MTL?

Safe to say he LIVES lives here now lol

I bet Gorton and Hughes have to pinch themselves at night knowing this whole project they're in the middle of undertaking with a hundred 20-21 yr olds is spearheaded by a 25 yr old Captain Suzuki and 23 yr old Caufield who already have 1 *Cup Final* under their belts as experience already
And everything has just been to help surround that, and it's going almost *too* well lmao

Hughes wanted to build a specific culture and so far Suzuki, Cole and Slaf have bought into it. You gotta think Demidov and Reinbacher will, as well. Guhle and Arber also seem to be closely knit with this group.

Can't wait to integrate Beck, Fowler and Hutson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad