2024 Memorial Cup

Who Wins the Memorial Cup

• Total voters

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I didn't see a thread, so thought I'd start one.

Memorial Cup going on right now in Saginaw.

Teams:

Host - Saginaw Spirit
OHL Champion - London Knights
WHL Champ - Moose Jaw Warriors
QMJHL Champ - Drummondville Voltigeurs

Game 1 being played and host Saginaw is pounding WHL champion, Moose Jaw.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Wish I had a way to watch it. Always loved the Memorial cup games.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Parekh 1G 2A. Showed his dynamic offensive skills, but the defensive weaknesses were there too. Saginaw asks him to do a lot up the ice, so the D-zone coverage won't be great a lot.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Things can hurt without taking you out of the game or players trying to get penalties. It’s major paranoia to just assume his pain is not genuine or that he is expressing it the “wrong” way.
True. There is a lot of embellishment in hockey overall these days so it's easy to make that assumption. Thought Saggy played a decent game with the exception of that late break down. Dominated the first and most of the 2nd. They are a talented squad. Parekh is a natural talent for sure. Plays an intelligent game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thought Parekh may have aggravated whatever was ailing him to miss time against London. It wasn't a dive or acting, he looked like he was laboring on the bench. Full marks for coming back out and finishing the game. He was clearly a big contributor to the Spirit when they ran out to their big lead, key to the win.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Despite the score, Drummondville looks like a very good team. Undisciplined play cost them early.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this game as a rematch in the Finals.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This will be one of those Mem Cups where one club is clearly better than the others. London will win this easy. They are too good this year.

Reactions: howler2

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Did Komarov shoot that wide on purpose for the rebound?

2-0 DRU
I thought he shot wide for a tip , tip was missed but it came back off the back wall and Repcik was first to it.

Saw a play like that in today's gold medal game in Czechia but the Swiss goaltender Genoni caught the puck as it came off the wall.

Reactions: De Montreal

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
#75 for Saginaw had a very rough first. Hache didn't help matters with the whiff on the PK.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
So...

Gazizov has been playing in an english market for 3 years and can't speak the language.

Komarov has been playing in a french market for 3 years and has been giving interviews in english since the end of his first season. Komarov could't speak english either when he moved to the CHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: slumpy43

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Volts will really be kicking themselves for that one. One crack left to get into a tiebreaker. Or maybe win the right game and go thru

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
This will be one of those Mem Cups where one club is clearly better than the others. London will win this easy. They are too good this year.

I think so as well however Saginaw has the skill to take them down in a 1 game k.o.

But London's been on such an insane run (since Dec 10th they're 50-5-3 :laugh: ) it's hard to see them not finish it off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad