2024 LA Kings Rookie Face-off

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Was there live. Place is loaded with NHL scouts and GMs from Kelly McCrimmon to Shane Doan. A lot of former Kings also, no present players.

Also, a few of the Reign players were there in attendance toward the end.

I was rocking my Owen Sound Kaleb Lawrence jersey.

The Ducks vs Avs game was pretty entertaining.

Only caught about half of the Utah vs Sharks game.

Kings have no depth behind the first two lines. People were basically joking that the Knights and Kings have traded so many draft picks it won’t be much of a game and will mostly just be invitees or minor leaguers. Though, I didn’t really anyone dominate in the other games and some of those teams are loaded with draft capital.

The usual stood out for me - Clarke, Pinellli, Lawrence and Ziemmer. I liked Dvorak.

My new fav King is John-Parker Jones - he was a top ECHL fighter. Not sure if the Kings are addressing the eventual departure or retirement of Jacob Doty but this kid is massive.

Also, check out All the Kings Men latest podcast with Marco Sturm. Basically said the Reign bullied teams last year and in the playoffs - other coaches reiterated that to him personally over the summer. They want to keep that reputation and will by adding Lawrence, Element, and possibly Parker-Jones to a team that has already has Doty and Helenius. If they just just keep adding some skilled forwards and keep their top picks for the next few years - the Reign will be a tough out. They have the size and goaltending.
Thanks dude. Nice write up :thumbu:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I don't know why, but Lawrence wasn't really on my radar. He is now.

I often enjoy watching the slow burn development of late round picks who end up becoming good pros. Hopefully he's another 7th round gem.

I expected Jamsen to stick out more than he did.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I don't know why, but Lawrence wasn't really on my radar. He is now.

I often enjoy watching the slow burn development of late round picks who end up becoming good pros. Hopefully he's another 7th round gem.

I expected Jamsen to stick out more than he did.
Agreed. Jamsen seemed to fade away as the game went on. Several others got better as the game went on.

Reactions: johnjm22

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
If skating was the issue for Greentree dropping, someone made a mistake because he looked fine (he will get better as most young players do). Hope Parker-Jones makes the AHL as his presence is needed there.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
GXevNtca0AAKAn-

lines for the game tonight against Utah

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Complete breakdown for both the defense on that one. I know Evans said it's one Hay would want back, but there's no reason for that real-estate for Gavin to take the shot.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
I notice Sturm keeps going with Booth on the PP and doesn't put Mania on it...Mania has more offensive ability than Booth...but I guess Sturm probably wants to see what Booth can do, since he'll be with the Reign.

Cole Davis looks ok...he played with Greentree on the Spitfires. I recall Greentree saying he was at the draft day 2, hoping Davis would be selected. Very cool. I think they should have Davis play with Greentree and move Wise down, but who knows if it's the management, wanting to address combos.

Beaudoin looks pretty good for Utah....I know the Utah Hockey Club (so stupid...get a name, finally) dealt picks to the Avs to move up and get him...I didn't know what picks and looked it up...they got 24th for 38th, 71 and next years second rounder. Wow. They really wanted him. Greentree went 26th.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Jamsen had a nice game. He was probably our best player tonight. I don't read much into these prospect games, but it's obvious our farm system needs a lot of retooling. I do like the size we are accumulating though. Also, Kings hosted this year's games why didn't they schedule a game with the Sharks, would have been great to see Celebrini play.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Jamsen had a nice game. He was probably our best player tonight. I don't read much into these prospect games, but it's obvious our farm system needs a lot of retooling. I do like the size we are accumulating though. Also, Kings hosted this year's games why didn't they schedule a game with the Sharks, would have been great to see Celebrini play.
Agreed. I was there again. Jamsen was the best player IMO involved in every goal. Booth was the best D followed by Wooley. Mania was invisible and Dvorak was terrible - bad a give away and penalty.

Greentree got better as the game closer to the end and Kings were down.

Also Cole Davis was buzzing. Sneaky good.

Parker-Jones has two years of ECHL/AHL experience and is 25 and about 6’-7” - he is out there acting like a bully. Same with Lawrence who is more of a giant pest as well. Kings are def the bully of the tournament. Utahs tough guy Goldsmith was in a boot and wasn’t playing. Same with Iginla - he’s injured but was in the stands.

Better game than yesterday. One fight, a bunch of goals and overtime.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Agreed. I was there again. Jamsen was the best player IMO involved in every goal. Booth was the best D followed by Wooley. Mania was invisible and Dvorak was terrible - bad a give away and penalty.

Greentree got better as the game closer to the end and Kings were down.

Also Cole Davis was buzzing. Sneaky good.

Parker-Jones has two years of ECHL/AHL experience and is 25 and about 6’-7” - he is out there acting like a bully. Same with Lawrence who is more of a giant pest as well. Kings are def the bully of the tournament. Utahs tough guy Goldsmith was in a boot and wasn’t playing. Same with Iginla - he’s injured but was in the stands.

Better game than yesterday. One fight, a bunch of goals and overtime.
What did you eat from the snack bar?

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
one of these years im going to have to come down for rookie camp and main camp ... yikes already sounds expensive .. haha but #goals

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Looking through the mesh, not sure who was on the ice for the overtime goal.

But the defender on the left pointed to the guy coming down the slot and covered the guy that went wide and left the slot wide open.

A2 -D2 was the offensive catalyst and could be interesting on the Reign or even a call up if there are injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad