2024 LA Kings Rookie Face-off

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
reading-newspaper-zhivago1955.gif

Another Brodzinski!?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
1st period over. Vegas up 1-0 (5-on-3 goal).

Agree with Johnjm that Lawrence was pretty noticeable. Pinelli seems to be responding well to getting more responsibility and the C. He was everywhere and in all situations. Clarke was good as well. Dvorak is a good partner with him, though I wouldn't say he was excellent.

Up and down on Ziemmer and Greentree. I wouldn't say either were bad but wouldn't say great either. Ziemmer laid some good hits, but there were a couple times I questioned how he managed the puck (e.g. he seemed too quick to send the puck around the boards considering the pressure on him, and another time he wanted to deke around a player but didn't quite figure out how he was going to do it, leading to a turnover). Seeing Greentree on the PK was nice, considering defensive awareness and effort is something I wanted to see him improve. But he also didn't seem like much of a threat in the offensive zone.

After Clarke, I'd say Booth was probably the best Kings defenseman. I didn't notice Woolley at all.

But you know... it's one period in September. None of this is indicative of anything major, aside from the Kings prospects had a decent first against the Vegas prospects.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Goalie change (scheduled). George replacing Portillo.

Edit: Maybe not? I can't tell. They usually do the swap mid-game.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kings have gotten better as the game has gone on, but they've also had a lot of bad turnovers leading to chances for the Knights.

Knights goalie has looked solid as well.

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Disappointing conclusion. It was a good showing for both teams, though overall I'd give the edge to the Kings. But Vegas just capitalized on a couple chances.

Reactions: kinghock

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Was there live. Place is loaded with NHL scouts and GMs from Kelly McCrimmon to Shane Doan. A lot of former Kings also, no present players.

Also, a few of the Reign players were there in attendance toward the end.

I was rocking my Owen Sound Kaleb Lawrence jersey.

The Ducks vs Avs game was pretty entertaining.

Only caught about half of the Utah vs Sharks game.

Kings have no depth behind the first two lines. People were basically joking that the Knights and Kings have traded so many draft picks it won’t be much of a game and will mostly just be invitees or minor leaguers. Though, I didn’t really anyone dominate in the other games and some of those teams are loaded with draft capital.

The usual stood out for me - Clarke, Pinellli, Lawrence and Ziemmer. I liked Dvorak.

My new fav King is John-Parker Jones - he was a top ECHL fighter. Not sure if the Kings are addressing the eventual departure or retirement of Jacob Doty but this kid is massive.

Also, check out All the Kings Men latest podcast with Marco Sturm. Basically said the Reign bullied teams last year and in the playoffs - other coaches reiterated that to him personally over the summer. They want to keep that reputation and will by adding Lawrence, Element, and possibly Parker-Jones to a team that has already has Doty and Helenius. If they just just keep adding some skilled forwards and keep their top picks for the next few years - the Reign will be a tough out. They have the size and goaltending.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Was there live. Place is loaded with NHL scouts and GMs from Kelly McCrimmon to Shane Doan. A lot of former Kings also, no present players.

Also, a few of the Reign players were there in attendance toward the end.

I was rocking my Owen Sound Kaleb Lawrence jersey.

The Ducks vs Avs game was pretty entertaining.

Only caught about half of the Utah vs Sharks game.

Kings have no depth behind the first two lines. People were basically joking that the Knights and Kings have traded so many draft picks it won’t be much of a game and will mostly just be invitees or minor leaguers. Though, I didn’t really anyone dominate in the other games and some of those teams are loaded with draft capital.

The usual stood out for me - Clarke, Pinellli, Lawrence and Ziemmer. I liked Dvorak.

My new fav King is John-Parker Jones - he was a top ECHL fighter. Not sure if the Kings are addressing the eventual departure or retirement of Jacob Doty but this kid is massive.

Also, check out All the Kings Men latest podcast with Marco Sturm. Basically said the Reign bullied teams last year and in the playoffs - other coaches reiterated that to him personally over the summer. They want to keep that reputation and will by adding Lawrence, Element, and possibly Parker-Jones to a team that has already has Doty and Helenius. If they just just keep adding some skilled forwards and keep their top picks for the next few years - the Reign will be a tough out. They have the size and goaltending.
Awesome recap JU! Thank you

Are you back today?

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Yes sir. I will be there.

Met the Lawrence family - super nice.

Also saw Brad Richardson, Andrew Cogliano, Rich Clune, Eric Lacroix - I can keep going. Dave Taylor.

Always fun when the NHL invades SoCal for whatever reason.

Also, the new jerseys are sick. Too bad they don’t come out until November. Whoever planned that - wow. Can’t have the threads ready for pre season or opening night? Unreal. Fanatics unveils them at the draft in July but it takes 4 months to release them to fans?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad