2024 Islanders Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Well tsyp more likely to be on the PP than the pk.

Hockey is back, and palmieri pisses me off with yet another an egregious neutral zone turnover.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
is #16 that bad? Kid has size, goes to the net and can skate
Seen this before with him tho. If you just look at tonight he looks great but he has not been able to put it together often enough. Hopefully something has clicked because the good Gauthier has a lot of tools

Reactions: mm11

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
NJD broadcast speaking highly of Tsyplakov, clearly standing out at the ice level…

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Empty net goal! Maybe times are changing.

Good win. Didn’t think anyone did anything spectacular or we dominated at any point but played solid hockey and got the win. Can’t say anyone really stood out so much aside from a few nice plays.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Palmieri. Lol

Holmy!
If I was Roy, I tell palmieri, and the rest of the team, as soon as he got back to the bench, that if he or anyone ever does that cutesy shit again instead of putting the game away, they sit the first period min next game

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Only a practice match, but have to be happy with that.
They looked pretty decent
Gauthier showing what he can do. Can he do it more often?
Tsyplakov promising.
Wahly seemed to play pretty good.
Bolduc looks to have developed more.
Maggio showed glimpses. Great goal by Thiesing?
And I know I'll get mocked fot this, but Skarek was solid. I'm pretty sure he didn't concede in preseason last year either. Maybe he's more comfortable with better defence in front of him? Made a nice blocker save late

Reactions: Bill Herlyn

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
A few observations:

Seemed like 2 different games. The first period the Devils were skating and able to put the puck on the tape whenever they wanted to. Isles were fumbling their way thru the first 17 minutes of the period. Then the 2nd period the Isles were better at disrupting NJs passes as the Isles established their forecheck. This carried into the 3rd period and the Isles controlled the game the rest of the way.

Tsyplakov had the bonehead giveaway in the D zone on the first NJ goal. All the good things he did tonight will outweigh the few mistakes he made.

Hogberg was solid. Tested mightily in the 1st period. Bent but didn’t break

Mayfield did not stick out in a bad way. This is what you want from defensive defensemen. Probably the best defender for us tonight.

Patrick Roy’s whistling could be heard throughout the building. He’s a trip to watch behind the bench. He’s a bundle of nervous energy. I recommend dedicating a few minutes to watching him in action. Very entertaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad