2024 Islanders Rookie Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
This looks more like a Bridgeport Islanders training camp roster than anything else. And why is Keith Kincaid even here? (Let me guess, he still lives on the Island and needs to face live action to stay sharp) Kincaid was needed in this organization like 2 years ago.
1726152311485.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: duster19

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
This looks more like a Bridgeport Islanders training camp roster than anything else. And why is Keith Kincaid even here? (Let me guess, he still lives on the Island and needs to face live action to stay sharp) Kincaid was needed in this organization like 2 years ago.
View attachment 906563
Ooof. That’s a rough looking roster.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Artyom Kudashov is a 19 year old D who played 25 games last season in the KHL (Moscow Dynamo, where his father is the head coach). That's kind of interesting.

Also, Tsyplakov had been listed at 6'2", 190lbs, but he's on the rookie camp roster at 6'3", 210lbs.

Reactions: Osakahaus and SI90

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
School related. NCAA prospects may attend summer NHL development camps, or prospect camps, but have to pay their own way. They also can’t miss class to do so.

Reactions: MJF and Kevin27NYI

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Artyom Kudashov is a 19 year old D who played 25 games last season in the KHL (Moscow Dynamo, where his father is the head coach). That's kind of interesting.

Also, Tsyplakov had been listed at 6'2", 190lbs, but he's on the rookie camp roster at 6'3", 210lbs.
This has Jim Paliafito written all over it.

He's brought over players like Alexander Barabanov, Calle Rosen, Ilya Mikheyev, Nikita Zaitsev, and Andreas Borgman.

View attachment 906563
I'm really curious on whether or not there is a significant gap between Tysplakov and the likes of Dufour, Jefferies, and Maggio.

Funny enough, Nurmi is one of the more exciting names up front on that list and he's not even going to be playing the in AHL this season.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Tsyplakov has been the best player so far. I think he might be a keeper
To be fair he’s a 25 year old who’s played pro in KHL the last 7 years. If he didn’t look like the best Mayer against a bunch of kids with little to no pro experience then I’d be concerned.

Also should note we don’t exactly have any blue chip elite prospects besides Eiserman and he’s not here.

If Tsyplakov can come here and play a physical 2way game and add 15-20 goals while being good enough for PP2 and PK2 roles his first year I’ll be happy.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I've noticed that a good handful of teams are not only holding rookie camps just now, but have their kids playing games.

The MON vs TOR games last night was in front of basically a full house.

We haven't done anything like this since the Snow years and even then, I don't really recall the last time the NYI rookies actually played against those of another franchise.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
We haven't done anything like this since the Snow years and even then, I don't really recall the last time the NYI rookies actually played against those of another franchise.
If it doesn't involve NCAA players, what's the point? Just to have AHL camp early? NYI don't have the bevvy of non-NCAA prospects to give it a point.

Re NCAA - I've heard it's gotten more complicated on the New York State legal side, and on the NCAA side. Couple that with the fact that NYI play on land controlled by the state, and there's a political aspect. (NYS doesn't want to be seen condoning physically risky unpaid internships. It's a bad look.)

Even beside all of that, it is clearly both risky and expensive for NCAA players to participate. Not only to they have to get here & pay for lodging, they need to purchase (if they are out of state) short term health insurance. And all for what? To show that the families of some NCAA players have more resources than others, that's what.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
If it doesn't involve NCAA players, what's the point? Just to have AHL camp early? NYI don't have the bevvy of non-NCAA prospects to give it a point.

Re NCAA - I've heard it's gotten more complicated on the New York State legal side, and on the NCAA side. Couple that with the fact that NYI play on land controlled by the state, and there's a political aspect. (NYS doesn't want to be seen condoning physically risky unpaid internships. It's a bad look.)

Even beside all of that, it is clearly both risky and expensive for NCAA players to participate. Not only to they have to get here & pay for lodging, they need to purchase (if they are out of state) short term health insurance. And all for what? To show that the families of some NCAA players have more resources than others, that's what.
I heard that the isles could have prospect camp in July so that they could get a look at the NCAA kids . Don’t know if thats true or not .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad