GDT: 2024 IIHF World Championship - Czechia

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Kinda odd that Hughes can’t get out for the OT. He’s even tougher to contain 3 on 3.

I guess they’re worried about how high risk he can be?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Nemec played 21:14 in regulation, and Luke 18:24, and both were only on the ice for 1 GA each (out of 4).

Luke got his assist playing with #8 Wereniski (1-2), was on the ice for the GA with #5 Kesselring (1-4), and scored his goal with #85 Sanderson (4-4).

Nemec was on the ice with #64 Koch for the GA (1-2) and got his goal with #42 Fehervary (2-2).

OT: Nemec (0:52) got an assist with Luke (0:45) on the ice.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Really dumb take because the "refrain from the Devils org" is still true. Luke and Nemec have incredible upside and have flashes of brilliance, but there were some real growing pains defensively losing so many veterans and it absolutely impacted the team. Both can be true.
I also think it's grossly oversimplified to look at any one thing and put a bow on it as the sole cause of the record for this season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Yeah that's a cool story bro Tweet...we also missed Hamilton for 62 games and Siegs for 25, and we had Luke running on empty for months in his first full pro season in part because all those guys left/were unavailable, and he was playing 21+ a night. People who make it out like all that changed was replacing Severson and Graves with Luke and Nemec two-for-two (and also acting like Nemec and especially Luke were flawless as rookies) are being intellectually dishonest.

Severson was never even this blueline's biggest bonehead, at least not as long as Brendan Smith was here.

Reactions: Unknown Caller

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Really dumb take because the "refrain from the Devils org" is still true. Luke and Nemec have incredible upside and have flashes of brilliance, but there were some real growing pains defensively losing so many veterans and it absolutely impacted the team. Both can be true.

You think the issue was "growing pains" rather than Siegenthaler and Marino playing like trash and Hamilton missing 3/4 of the season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad