GDT: 2024 IIHF World Championship - Czechia

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Most impressive play there is Tatar navigating between checks down low. But it would be huge for Nemec to develop more power on his shot, it’s basically the only area of his game that’s average or below.
I think he needs a quicker first step and his overall acceleration could stand to be improved.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I think he needs a quicker first step and his overall acceleration could stand to be improved.
Maybe, but that’s not really his game or his calling card. His skating is more than fine, and as Fitz put it when he was drafted, Nemec has always played the game like he’s in a rocking chair.

He’s not the type of defenseman who’s going to (or trying to) blow guys away with acceleration. His skating is certainly above average as it is and it’s sufficient for his style of play.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Maybe, but that’s not really his game or his calling card. His skating is more than fine, and as Fitz put it when he was drafted, Nemec has always played the game like he’s in a rocking chair.

He’s not the type of defenseman who’s going to (or trying to) blow guys away with acceleration. His skating is certainly above average as it is and it’s sufficient for his style of play.
There were a few times where he needed to get out of the rocking chair to cut guys off and it was a close call. I’m not suggesting he needs to be Luke nor am I suggesting he is struggling. It’s just a part of his game that I think would help him be more effective defensively amd that he would be able to take advantage of given his hockey IQ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad