Prospect Info: 2024 HFDevils Prospect Rankings #9

Who is the Devils' #9 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Orlov, add Pikker.

2nd time voting the above ticket, but thinking maybe I should have gone Poulter coming off a strong AHL, and a really strong ECHL season.

Just realized this - Im shocked he made it this far, hes had a few good stints with us Ive thought

Plus hes our #13 forward lol, MacDermaid is just here to break faces and play tough
I have a hard time voting for a guy who has OK results and whose ability to actually play in games is a big question mark.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I’m more interested in Filmon and Squires’ upside than i am Foote’s rock solid “career 4th line winger” projection. At this point i dont think Foote’s likely to bring anything more valuable than what you see on the waiver wire 10 times a season.

I would LOVE to be wrong, but my confidence is pretty low right now. It would be nice to see his development get back on track, but he's lost so much time.

add Ethan Edwards

Reactions: devilsblood

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I’m more interested in Filmon and Squires’ upside than i am Foote’s rock solid “career 4th line winger” projection. At this point i dont think Foote’s likely to bring anything more valuable than what you see on the waiver wire 10 times a season.

I would LOVE to be wrong, but my confidence is pretty low right now. It would be nice to see his development get back on track, but he's lost so much time.

add Ethan Edwards
If Foote was actually getting on the ice and showing something I might be more willing to give him some "higher floor" consideration, but he's a soon to be 24 year old who played all of 8 games last year, and might earn a spot on the 4th line.

And the oft injured concern goes way back.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
went with Foote because i feel like he’s at least an NHLer
I was ranking Foote higher in this pool last year, but missing essentially the entire season with a chronic injury is tough. He'll be 24 this season so it's basically his last chance to get it going this year and I don't think management is pencilling him into the opening roster the way they were last year.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Foote missed substantial time a few years ago with a lower body injury and then this season it was a back injury. At his age that back injury might be concerning depending upon the specifics. His AHL track record was ok for a player of his age and he did score 3 goals in 4 games in his AHL stint last season. Maybe a healthy summer will allow him to get his game together and make some progress. There is obviously some skill there.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think ideally that Foote wouldn't even be a part of these polls anymore. If last year hadn't been almost completely lost to injury for him, he wouldn't even be on these polls anymore if I had to guess. I'm thinking he would have graduated out of them due to age and three years of pro hockey, and maybe even getting an entire NHL season of play.

I think I could honestly vote him higher than a few of the guys ahead of him this year, but he's also becoming the old(er) rookie at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad