Silayev, Anton
Squires, Cam
Stillman, Chase

Traff, Herman
Vilen, Topias
Wendt, Dylan
Yegorov, Mikhail
_
(Bolded = in poll, crossed out = selected)

Remember, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Before drafting Silayev I saw other sites ranking Filmon as our 5th or 6th best prospect.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Stillman. Add Brennan.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

Brennan is a 21-year-old who was the third goalie taken (1st N. American) in his respective draft. Versus Poulter who is 23 and was never drafted.

Last edited:

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Before drafting Silayev I saw other sites ranking Filmon as our 5th or 6th best prospect.
After 2 seasons ago, Filmon looked like he might be a slightly late bloomer who was getting adjusted to a growth spurt. Small guy who grew big, got used to his taller size, and now could be a modern goal scoring power forward.

After this past season, his growth curve didn’t continue upwards. He had a big decrease in goals and his point total went down as well.

So depending on when they last updated their lists, Filmon had some exciting surprise potential last offseason and seems to have a good amount less this offseason.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
After 2 seasons ago, Filmon looked like he might be a slightly late bloomer who was getting adjusted to a growth spurt. Small guy who grew big, got used to his taller size, and now could be a modern goal scoring power forward.

After this past season, his growth curve didn’t continue upwards. He had a big decrease in goals and his point total went down as well.

So depending on when they last updated their lists, Filmon had some exciting surprise potential last offseason and seems to have a good amount less this offseason.
That's because he played a more complete game and succeeded at it, Not everything is about points. He got better defensively and his assists went up. If anything the Devils organization is happier about this last season of his then his previous one.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
That's because he played a more complete game and succeeded at it, Not everything is about points. He got better defensively and his assists went up. If anything the Devils organization is happier about this last season of his then his previous one.
That’s pretty much what is said about all prospects whose production stalls out. Almost everyone is always working at being a more complete, Pro ready player, so he isn’t unique in that quest.

Would his team have preferred him getting better defensively and scoring 50 goals and 20 more points or getting better defensively and losing some of his offense? If he can’t play a complete game and still increase his offense, then that’s not a great year.

At the end of the day, points are very important, you only win a hockey game by scoring more goals than your opponent. It’s not common in a good development season for a 20 year old in his 3rd full WHL season to see his production decrease.

—————

It doesn’t mean he’s done as a prospect or that he had a bad year but he is a less exciting prospect now than he was a year ago.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Both my past choices have made their way onto the voting option list so, I can only vote 1. I'm going to change my vote from Karp to Poulter now that he has finally been added. I have high hopes for this kid and hope last season was only his beginning and that his game will continue to improve even farther this season. If he should outperform Daws again as he did last season, the Devils have some real hope for their future between the pipes if they should have 2 keepers shining in the AHL.

Karp is still high on my list where he has been for nearly every step along the way but I can't put both on the list and finding an add out of what's left is a real challenge.

I'll take a stab in the dark and add Brennan. Wouldn't it be something if he and Yegorov both blossom as well as Daws and Poulter? Devils goalie issue goes from rags to riches in 3-4 seasons.

Last edited:

Barry Tallackson

Mar 4, 2014
Stillman. Add Brennan.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

Brennan is a 21-year-old who was the third goalie taken (1st N. American) in his respective draft. Versus Poulter who is 23 and was never drafted.
Where players were drafted years ago means nothing.. is this a serious post?

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Stillman. Add Brennan.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

And Brennan results in echl are not inspiring. He played for a good team.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I may be remembering it wrong but wasn't Filmon one of the last prospects cut in training cup and was pretty close to getting some play time in the pre-season?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
And Brennan results in echl are not inspiring. He played for a good team.

I don't read much into a 20-year-old in his first year of pro hockey - particularly a goalie.

Even Vinnie Purpura had far more experience. Akira Schmid was still playing junior hockey at that age.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I don't read much into a 20-year-old in his first year of pro hockey - particularly a goalie.

Even Vinnie Purpura had far more experience. Akira Schmid was still playing junior hockey at that age.
Brennan didn't have inspiring results as junior too.

Its just numbers. For his age, stage and with good team his numbers are not good now.
We have plenty of players who was or is better at their stage of career, some of them are better in better leagues.

So for now Brennan and Stillman objectively should be lower in the list. And we are talking about them in vacuum- just about their game and numbers. If we will add competition - we have good rw squad in NHL, more ready RWs in AHL, Devils drafted huge amount of RWs for bottom line roles. Or for more important role potentially like Lenny. Devils drafted Hauser, Squires, Brown, Traff, Pikkarainen and Lenny. Stillman is not a player with at least some expectations from this organization.
And Devils drafted Yegorov in the second round + Veeti. Poulter played inspiring season in AHL, Daws looks solid, Malek with better career at the same stages in better league is as close to AHL. Brennan has very little chances to play in NHL.

Both should jump way higher and make huge step. You picked wrong guys.

Last edited:

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I may be remembering it wrong but wasn't Filmon one of the last prospects cut in training cup and was pretty close to getting some play time in the pre-season?
He probably deserves to be higher on this list, but i also understand that this fanbase is likely to he more critical of him than anywhere else and he had a lackluster season last year. Makes sense that he would drop in our eyes while most other outlets aren’t spending more than a minute’s thought on him.

• Wow
Reactions: Xirik

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy