Silayev, Anton
Squires, Cam
Stillman, Chase
Traff, Herman
Vilen, Topias
Wendt, Dylan
Yegorov, Mikhail
_
(Bolded = in poll, crossed out = selected)

Remember, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Chase Stillman is being slept on here

He may have been taken 29th but he was always picked to be a bottom-6 ELC supplement for us. He isnt shy with physicality and he brings some smarts to a portion of the roster that tends to lack it

I think hes a sure thing to be a fourth liner for us - hes intelligent enough to realize what he needs to work on and become proficient at for his role

Hes what I expected Moynihan would be for us

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Chase Stillman is being slept on here

He may have been taken 29th but he was always picked to be a bottom-6 ELC supplement for us. He isnt shy with physicality and he brings some smarts to a portion of the roster that tends to lack it

I think hes a sure thing to be a fourth liner for us - hes intelligent enough to realize what he needs to work on and become proficient at for his role

Hes what I expected Moynihan would be for us
I don't think he really has done anything to impressive since we took him. His OHL numbers were not very good for being a on very good team. He did have a decent AHL rookie year numbers wise. He has potential to be a 4th liner for sure , I just don't think he has been slept on though.

I'm a bit suprised Filmon and Squires have dropped this low. They have top 6 wing potential but even if they become 3rd liners , they are still good picks IMO. I hope that guys we took in the mid rounds this past summer (Pikkarainen & Träff in particular) have big seasons. Pikkarainen according to EliteProspects is playing for Red Deer in the WHL so his development should be a bit easier to keep track of. See how he does on North American ice too.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
I don't think he really has done anything to impressive since we took him. His OHL numbers were not very good for being a on very good team. He did have a decent AHL rookie year numbers wise. He has potential to be a 4th liner for sure , I just don't think he has been slept on though.

I'm a bit suprised Filmon and Squires have dropped this low. They have top 6 wing potential but even if they become 3rd liners , they are still good picks IMO. I hope that guys we took in the mid rounds this past summer (Pikkarainen & Träff in particular) have big seasons. Pikkarainen according to EliteProspects is playing for Red Deer in the WHL so his development should be a bit easier to keep track of. See how he does on North American ice too.
He isnt being slept on in terms of offensive potential (unless I am as well) - but I think playing a way and being a good bet for our roster, fourth line or not, is worth a lot

Hes being tailor-made over the next few years for what we'll need with a cheap ELC - I see his odds being high unless he truly is not good enough

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Stillman, Squires(may be, may be not) and Filmon are not top-10 devils prospects for now.

Stillman has ceiling of fourth line player. If he will become NHL - it will be success. Its a question will he ever be real, not situational top-6 AHLer. Lack of positional thinking is a problem. His motor can help but if he will continue to not understand defensive game and zone protection he will never be NHL regular.

Squires is interesting, he is more boom or bust player, his production isnt great for his competition and stage but it isnt really bad. And he is smart player. But his boom is third line player now. He doesnt have and doesnt show full dominant game to be a player who can try to be top-6 in NHL. But he has good decision making. So at least he has potential.

Filmon... I dont know. Very straight forward player, but he has physical potential. NAnd good hands for forward. On paper. He isnt smart player, he doesnt show good two way game, his boom potential is third liner, at least he has potential to be complimentary fourth liner who can create some offense... in complimentary role.

Hattaka, Misyul, Vilen, Orlov, Karpovich all has tools, smart and potential to play more important third pair role, some of them have ceiling of something more. Hattaka is already NHL level player, Misyul is very close to show it, Vilen is much closer to NHL, he was better positionally and his production was better for his role. Orlov and Karpovich didnt blow anything but they are not in "production category" of players with little chances for NHL. Both are two way players with some defensive potential. Stillman is bad defensively, Filmon isnt good defensively, Squires is... okay but again - more offensive oriented player with less tools for offense and not so great production.
For Filmon age/stage/production we can remember only Sissons in the last 15 years, who was very good defensively. His results are so weak for a player who is not famous for two way game. Chances are so small. 346 in production U20 player in the last 15 years.
Squires is little better, but league is easier, he is #93 in production for U19 player in the last 15 years.
Stillman... he isnt good now. He should learn the game. Not just work on timings, learn more about different variations of different positional situations. He needs to learn positioning overall.
Like I said Vilen, Orlov and Karpovich have much better results for their age, played on the better level, have better tools for more two way roles. Hattaka and Misyul are more proven and more ready. Both show they can be top pair AHLers at least in their more defensive oriented role. Stillman, Filmon and Squires are not even a sure top line future AHLers. If one of them will be regular fourth liner on NHL level - it will be very good for organisation. If one of them will be third liner - we will call it a day. I hope one of them will be able to develop their game to that level. But for now I have so little to wait for it. Filmon was very productive year ago, but it is a story of scoring forward only on junior level - not very consistent, not very translatable.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Stillman, Squires(may be, may be not) and Filmon are not top-10 devils prospects for now.

Stillman has ceiling of fourth line player. If he will become NHL - it will be success. Its a question will he ever be real, not situational top-6 AHLer. Lack of positional thinking is a problem. His motor can help but if he will continue to not understand defensive game and zone protection he will never be NHL regular.

Squires is interesting, he is more boom or bust player, his production isnt great for his competition and stage but it isnt really bad. And he is smart player. But his boom is third line player now. He doesnt have and doesnt show full dominant game to be a player who can try to be top-6 in NHL. But he has good decision making. So at least he has potential.

Filmon... I dont know. Very straight forward player, but he has physical potential. NAnd good hands for forward. On paper. He isnt smart player, he doesnt show good two way game, his boom potential is third liner, at least he has potential to be complimentary fourth liner who can create some offense... in complimentary role.

Hattaka, Misyul, Vilen, Orlov, Karpovich all has tools, smart and potential to play more important third pair role, some of them have ceiling of something more. Hattaka is already NHL level player, Misyul is very close to show it, Vilen is much closer to NHL, he was better positionally and his production was better for his role. Orlov and Karpovich didnt blow anything but they are not in "production category" of players with little chances for NHL. Both are two way players with some defensive potential. Stillman is bad defensively, Filmon isnt good defensively, Squires is... okay but again - more offensive oriented player with less tools for offense and not so great production.
For Filmon age/stage/production we can remember only Sissons in the last 15 years, who was very good defensively. His results are so weak for a player who is not famous for two way game. Chances are so small. 346 in production U20 player in the last 15 years.
Squires is little better, but league is easier, he is #93 in production for U19 player in the last 15 years.
Stillman... he isnt good now. He should learn the game. Not just work on timings, learn more about different variations of different positional situations. He needs to learn positioning overall.
Like I said Vilen, Orlov and Karpovich have much better results for their age, played on the better level, have better tools for more two way roles. Hattaka and Misyul are more proven and more ready. Both show they can be top pair AHLers at least in their more defensive oriented role. Stillman, Filmon and Squires are not even a sure top line future AHLers. If one of them will be regular fourth liner on NHL level - it will be very good for organisation. If one of them will be third liner - we will call it a day. I hope one of them will be able to develop their game to that level. But for now I have so little to wait for it. Filmon was very productive year ago, but it is a story of scoring forward only on junior level - not very consistent, not very translatable.
Stillman was a rookie to the pro scene - he is intellegent outside of the game and I always found the guy behind the interviews to have a good head on his shoulders. He is very, very well-spoken

I imagine he will soak up whatever he is told as he knows his avenue to the big league is through us and as a fourth liner (to start.. he is a prospect). He has the motor and compete to be able to stick with competition as well as he ages and gets stronger

I think hes very well suited for the bottom-6 were building and will do nicely when hes making.. 775k lol

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Stillman was a rookie to the pro scene - he is intellegent outside of the game and I always found the guy behind the interviews to have a good head on his shoulders. He is very, very well-spoken

I imagine he will soak up whatever he is told as he knows his avenue to the big league is through us and as a fourth liner (to start.. he is a prospect). He has the motor and compete to be able to stick with competition as well as he ages and gets stronger

I think hes very well suited for the bottom-6 were building and will do nicely when hes making.. 775k lol
Jack Hughes isn't well spoken person in traditional way. He is the best player Devils ever had. Well spoken isn't about hockey game.

Again the problem of Stillman is his floor and his ceiling. Most of Devils prospects from this list have better floor and ceiling. Ad have better track record for their stage.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00