Prospect Info: 2024 HFDevils Prospect Rankings #7

Who is the Devils' #7 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Yego, add Pikker.

Can someone please explain me why people are so high on Karpovich? I mean, at this current point he is likely projected as a VHLer for the next season, which is sort of no big deal, was he so impressive in the dev camp?
The resident draft guru's have been super high on not just Karpovich, but pretty much all the late round russian D-men we've drafted recently.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
The resident draft guru's have been super high on not just Karpovich, but pretty much all the late round russian D-men we've drafted recently.
I'm not saying that he isn't good or something (I actually didn't see him for a year at all, that's also why I'm wondering), but if talking about the Russian/Belarussian guys I'd rank Orlov ahead of him pretty confidently, however I can agree that his tools make him more interesting than Barabosha.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
what is this sorcery
IMG_4400.jpeg

If you click on the votes it shows you who voted for that option.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I'm not saying that he isn't good or something (I actually didn't see him for a year at all, that's also why I'm wondering), but if talking about the Russian/Belarussian guys I'd rank Orlov ahead of him pretty confidently, however I can agree that his tools make him more interesting than Barabosha.
Orlov has a great argument here, especially with the skating. The kid can really fly, and he's quite an impressive defender. I'm very high on the upside.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Yego, add Pikker.

@Guadana and I both like Karpovich's combination of defensive acumen, physicality, size/skating, and shooting. Admittedly he's not a sure thing and has a lot of development ahead of him.

But at this point in the prospect rankings, a lot of it is simply preference. Once we get past the Devils top 4 (Nemec, Silayev, Casey, Gritsyuk) there is a ton of projection and no guarantee. Personally, I like the potential of the Russian D (Misyul, Karpovich, Orlov, Barabosha) and the top goalie prospects (Yegorov, Malek) the best.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
1722431255258.png

Local prospect "gurus" like all late rounders Russian defensemen.

@Guadana and I both like Karpovich's combination of defensive acumen, physicality, size/skating, and shooting. Admittedly he's not a sure thing and has a lot of development ahead of him.

But at this point in the prospect rankings, a lot of it is simply preference. Once we get past the Devils top 4 (Nemec, Silayev, Casey, Gritsyuk) there is a ton of projection and no guarantee. Personally, I like the potential of the Russian D (Misyul, Karpovich, Orlov, Barabosha) and the top goalie prospects (Yegorov, Malek) the best.
Im very conservative with Barabosha. He isnt my top ten. As Caser, I think Devils have very intriguing prospect in Orlov. But even as VHL player and situational KHL player Karpovich will still have 2 years pro experience after the draft, so I dont see any problems with his development. Some of unimpressive forwards who shows non NHL level production for D+1 or D+2 with skating issues or lack or two way game will have votes above Karpovich because... you know why. They are the players who will never be impactful on NHL level like we see many times. Or even will not be a part of NHL level trade most likely.

But who cares. We see this in rankings every year.

And please dont forget about Vilen. He deserves attention.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Can someone please explain me why people are so high on Karpovich? I mean, at this current point he is likely projected as a VHLer for the next season, which is sort of no big deal, was he so impressive in the dev camp?
He was. But that is disregarding the level of competition in the development camp. Made that same mistake often when I first started going to them. Several more experienced older or college players often looked far superior to the other camp attendees. Few of these players received AHL deals. Let alone ELCs.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
He was. But that is disregarding the level of competition in the development camp. Made that same mistake often when I first started going to them. Several more experienced older or college players often looked far superior to the other camp attendees. Few of these players received AHL deals. Let alone ELCs.
Karpovich was drafted year ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad