Prospect Info: 2024 HFDevils Prospect Rankings #6

Who is the Devils' #6 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Mostly Barabosha understand where he should be on a pro level as a D+2 player. Stillman didnt as a D+3 on a lower AHL level. Barabosha isnt really fast but still has motor.
Again I think Stillman will have a chance to play in NHL because he was former first rounder, because motor, because family, NA born blah blah. Still not a better prospect than many on this list. And Barabosha isnt my top-10 prospect of the devils btw too. Being far away from NHL is one of the reason too.
Orlov and Karpovich both were in the training camp, both said many times they are connecting with Devils. So there are no reason to pick Stillman over Orlov, Karpovich, as over Hattaka, Vilen and Misyul.

Except only the same wrong reasons why people made the same mistakes when they made wrong picks year after year after year. Again - its just a board. If everybody will decide to pick Salminen as a 7th best prospect because he is playing in NA, he is rare center and he is... big I guess, he will not become better prospect than most.
Like Holtz wasnt better prospect than Mercer after the draft. Who knew it? Those who voted for Mercer.

Unsigned late picks have a very good chance of not getting signed, that’s just a simple fact.

Obviously it’s a lot more complex than that but Barabosha is a 7th round pick who’s signed to play in the KHL until 26-27. He’s got limitations too.

I like the player, but he’s a long shot that’s going to be slow cooking in the KHL. I don’t see why he’s on the list this early. Just weird to me.

Also, “what if everybody decided to vote for Salminen for nonsensical reasons” is a goofy argument lol.

Reactions: Triumph and My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Unsigned late picks have a very good chance of not getting signed, that’s just a simple fact.

Obviously it’s a lot more complex than that but Barabosha is a 7th round pick who’s signed to play in the KHL until 26-27. He’s got limitations too.

I like the player, but he’s a long shot that’s going to be slow cooking in the KHL. I don’t see why he’s on the list this early. Just weird to me.

Also, “what if everybody decided to vote for Salminen for nonsensical reasons” is a goofy argument lol.
NCAA players have more chances of not getting signed like we see but we still have and had them in our pools.
Again - Barabosha isnt in my top-10.

And even if we will never sign him, the fact that he will have professional career - is making him better player than some players that will never have even regular pro career or will be released. Vukojevic says hello.

And Salminen has lesser chances to be NHLer or even regular pro than Barabosha. Even if he will play some AHL games. He isnt better prospect or better player. Its just fact. If we are picking better players - lets pick better players, if we are picking higher picks than I dont understand what we are doing - picks were already being made. Whats the reason to vote for Sitillman over Vilen or over Orlov because Stillman was picked in the first round?

"Salminen" argument is not goofy argument or it is as goofy argument as any other non-hockey arguments. 7th rounder Bardakov wasnt signed but even in a very minor trade he was a piece we traded. In a small scale but he was attractive. He wasnt full waste of picks like some players who will never be traded or will never make an impact at least on AHL level.

So I dont care where Melovsky, Barabosha or Karpovich were drafted(they have much better potential to be NHL regulars than earlier drafted Graham). Every player has chances for career, some of them are playing in pro leagues, some of them will be part of the trades, may be some of them will be NHLers. And I will rank them by their skill, production, level of competition, compete level etc. Not for their number of the draft. Or league.

Again if we are looking back at the previous pools - thats what we should learn too.

Of course we can do that in the opposite way and continue to vote for non hockey reasons and talk about how rarely players from some countries are developing into the NHL players or how rarely some late rounders are developing into the NHL players or how rarely some Russians are traveling to NA to play in NHL. The history of our team is telling that 5-6th rounders could be NHLers, 7th rounders can be pro players or even be part of the package for NHL players and in the same time some earlier rounders mean nothing for organisation in the end.

Last edited:

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Where tf is Yegorov in these polls? This is going to look hilarious in a few years.

Guys like Filmon and Barabosha included in polls over him?
Recent lower-round guys are always rated lower because we basically know nothing about them at this point. If he looks good he'll rise in future years.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I’ve always heard people pay for that sort of thing. Good job being confident enough to share that with us.
applause-standing.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad