Shlaine, Artem
Silayev, Anton
Squires, Cam
Stillman, Chase
Traff, Herman
Vilen, Topias
Wendt, Dylan
Yegorov, Mikhail
(Bolded = in poll, crossed out = selected)

Remember, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
That's interesting what do I think about Gritsyuk and Casey
Gritsyuk has floor of bottom liner/minor producer for PP2 minutes.
Casey has floor of average PP2 QB who can have problem with surviving against top-6/great PP1 QB in AHL.

Gritsyuk has ceiling of top line offensive complimentary forward.
Casey has ceiling of second pair offensive defenseman who is capable to play on the both sides of the ice and very dangerous in O zone.

Grisyuk has middle of middle six offensive complimentary forward and great PP game.
Casey has middle of the third pair solid PP2 QB.

Gritsyuk has opportunity to play on any line, he is much more ready and more complete product, Casey should work on some parts of his game and win competition against some players.

So It's Gritsyuk now. I beat this drumms year after year. He was Top-6 prospect of the Devils I dont know... 3 years ago. (May be even four) When he didnt get a spot in top-14~15. Like I said year ago - he is better prospect than Holtz. And he still didnt get a spot over him. He was a better hockey player, he played like a better hockey player.
So like I said - NOW, in the moment of time, until the first game of the next season Gritsyuk is better prospect than Casey. Because of his visible floor, ceiling, level of compete, opportunities n the roster etc.

But I understand no one will make a vote for him again. Nothing new, nothing surprising, does matter nothing. I believe both will have opportunities to play solid role, I dont know how they will perform on NHL level and how great their performance will be, how they will translate their game and how they will adap their game and how fast, how good their chemistry with their partners will be and how important this partners will be. Would be great if both will be long term solutions.

Add Barabosha, remove Filmon. He is the weakest and the most raw prospect with the most questionable perspective on this list.

Last edited:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I went Gritsyuk. I like Casey but I'm just higher on Gritsyuk, for reasons outlined by our dear beautiful @Guadana
I would say I have hope Casey will be better for better, not for worse. If he will outplay Dougie in the next two years - it will help this team A LOT. And I really think that potential of Silayev-Casey pair is huge, but we could be in three years away from it.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
poll’s basically over but i’ll consider Gritsyuk slightly ahead of Casey until Casey proves himself at the pro level. The AHL is a real tough league to be an undersized 20 year old defenseman.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Hameenaho

Add Stillman

Came down to Hameenaho or Gritsyuk for me. With SKA adding players over the off-season, not sure how much larger Gritsyuk's role will be. Hameenaho was his team's second-leading scorer and was +12 as a 19-year-old (for a team that wasn't very good).

Until I'm proven wrong, Casey gives me Joey LaLeggia/Eamon Powell vibe. Impressive college numbers. Can he defend in the NHL?

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I was really torn between Casey and Gritsyuk here. I think they're about equal in my mind. Went Casey, but Gritsyuk will be my #4.

Add Barabosha.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad