• Poll closed .

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Last edited:

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
EDM. But I want the heroes who have been voting for Kantserov to know they are seen and appreciated

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
This is when the new kids on the block and the overrated prospects start bashing heads.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Way too early for EDM imo. Also thought the same for Vlasic last year and would love to be wrong. But this has to be one of Boisvert, Vanacker, or Kansterov. Went with Boisvert.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I’m surprised EDM is getting this much love. I don’t think he has the range or mobility to be anything more than a bottom pairing guy (though I’d love to be proven wrong)

Went Boisvert. Needs to iron out some inconsistencies (like most young power forward types) but I love the projectability. North Dakota will be perfect for him

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
EDM’s mobility is fine these days. No he’s never going to be a burner in this league. But when you’re 6’4 and physical like he is, you don’t need to be. There are guys his size currently in the NHL who are doing just fine with just okay skating.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Ryan Greene for me. Think he will be a plug in player as soon as he signs after his college season.
I gave a slight nod to EDM over Greene.

In an early "redraft" of 2022, a case can easily be made that Greene would go in 1st round. I think the current braintrust of the Hawks is high on him. Solid IQ in all zones, a deceptivley good skater in all aspects, good hands utilizing both forehand and backhand, and on occasion can find soft spots for his wrister in the slot.

Since he doesn't have the "wow" factor, he gets a little lost on HF when evaluating prospects.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I’m surprised EDM is getting this much love. I don’t think he has the range or mobility to be anything more than a bottom pairing guy (though I’d love to be proven wrong)

Went Boisvert. Needs to iron out some inconsistencies (like most young power forward types) but I love the projectability. North Dakota will be perfect for him
He's easy to love. Loads of tools.

Reactions: Space umpire

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Kantserov but I almost voted for my boy Lardis.
Me too. I'm stoked after watching all Kantserov's playoff games and looking forward to him having the same role he had in the playoffs versus a much less role throughout most of the regular season.

And Lardis is more of a boom or bust but with his skating and shot - if he hits his ceiling he could be a top line winger. He needs to get a lot thicker so he's probably a couple years away from being able to play with the big boys but he could be worth the wait.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Could choose any one of five or six players here and be right. Huge depth in the organization. No way all of these guys end up on the Hawks, but wouldn’t that be a great story…first team in the modern era with only own-drafted players.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I went EDM because he has surprised most everyone to this point and is still trending up.

Reactions: Sinbad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad