Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Misiak

• Victor Stjernborg

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I like Boivert over Moore. Feel like they will be 2C and 3C respectively unless the hawks draft a high end center next year.
I guess you're not seeing Nazar as a 2C? Between Nazar, Greene, and Moore I see Boisvert as a wing.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
EDM all day. Looks like a future #2/3 defenseman. Kantserov would've been my other choice. Both are really good prospects

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
Rinzel has the most upside, and it's looking like he might have a decent floor too. I voted Rinzel.

I question if Moore has the hockey sense to be anything more than a bottom 6 player, but he has a pretty solid floor, would be shocked if he doesn't become an everyday NHLer soon.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Went with Moore, though Korchinski should have been here.

Going to be awkward when Korchinski spends the majority of the season in the AHL and then he's back on the list next year.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Rinzel for me…has 1D potential with a bit of nasty too.

Then Commesso, followed by Moore, then EDM.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
For what it's worth, Rinzel was a shaky Number 6 that all the regular USA posters hated as an D+2 19 year old last World Juniors (where he was the only already drafted 1st round pick amongst the D). Understand the optimism with the positive end towards his college season, but I think Number 1 is an aggressive wish. Probably never gonna be running a powerplay and his defensive game still needs work. If he is a Right-Handed Middle Three Defenseman I'll be really happy. I'm not sure he's a higher prospect than 1-year older AHL All Star, Del Mastro, but for Right Handed factor.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
For what it's worth, Rinzel was a shaky Number 6 that all the regular USA posters hated as an D+2 19 year old last World Juniors (where he was the only already drafted 1st round pick amongst the D). Understand the optimism with the positive end towards his college season, but I think Number 1 is an aggressive wish. Probably never gonna be running a powerplay and his defensive game still needs work. If he is a Right-Handed Middle Three Defenseman I'll be really happy. I'm not sure he's a higher prospect than 1-year older AHL All Star, Del Mastro, but for Right Handed factor.
Can't argue with your post. However, as essentially a high school player in his draft year, he was going to be a long-term project. Especially given his size.

At a top-tier NCAA school he was on the #1 PP unit and took a regular turn on the PK. Like Moore, his post-WJC saw plenty of progress. He needs to put on a lot of muscle but his skating/size/grit combo is intriguing. On occassion he'll get lost in coverage in his own zone but certainly no more so than Lev. He needs to be better at getting his shot to the net. He will have an issue from time-to-time when pressured moving the puck from behind his net.

He's probably best served with two more seasons at Minny and then another at Rockford. That puts him at 23 in his first full NHL season.

Last edited:
Reactions: WarriorofTime

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It's about the tools. Rinzel has every single one. He's got more tools than Levshunov much less EDM.

Reactions: hawksrule

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
I love Moore but I honestly think at this point Vanacker might have the most upside. Has a more well rounded game than Moore and dragged his team to the playoffs. Was their best player for a lot of the season once Lardis got hurt. Vanacker has it all, can skate shoot dangle all at an above average level while playing good D and stripping a ton of pucks. Moore has the skating and two way potential but not as dynamic in other areas that could put a ceiling on his production, still love the player though

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Rinzel was a project pick who is ahead of schedule. Still a few years away but it's perfectly reasonable to be excited about his upside. I still have Moore higher as I think his median outcome is a solid top six wing and some people in this thread are really underselling his pro traits. He's not a high end processor but he can still make plays with pace and open up room for teammates and his feet, hands, and shot are all plus attributes. Excellent work ethic to boot. I doubt he becomes a dynamic creator as a pro but he will win pucks, generate chances on the rush, and score when paired with creative players.

Reactions: Larmer83

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Rinzel was a project pick who is ahead of schedule. Still a few years away but it's perfectly reasonable to be excited about his upside. I still have Moore higher as I think his median outcome is a solid top six wing and some people in this thread are really underselling his pro traits. He's not a high end processor but he can still make plays with pace and open up room for teammates and his feet, hands, and shot are all plus attributes. Excellent work ethic to boot. I doubt he becomes a dynamic creator as a pro but he will win pucks, generate chances on the rush, and score when paired with creative players.
Moore is a very safe prospect for sure. He's going to be a very good bottom six guy. Preferring guys with higher ceilings isn't a strike on Moore.

Reactions: ChicagoHockeyFan

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Rinzel for me. But I wasn't high on Moore as a draft pick (he did exceed my expectations as a freshman even though I still question the sense). Always loved Rinzel's upside. Arguably the best out of everyone (excluding Bedard).

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Moore is a very safe prospect for sure. He's going to be a very good bottom six guy. Preferring guys with higher ceilings isn't a strike on Moore.
For sure, didn't mean to suggest it is. They were two unrelated thoughts and the Rinzel bit was directed at the tempering of expectations above my first post. And to elaborate further, I think Moore is not only high floor but the fat part of his expected projection bell curve is well above a bottom six guy. Even if he doesn't hit his 2C ceiling (and I think it's pretty unlikely he does) I think there's a very good chance he can be a 60 point 200 foot wing at his peak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad