Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colton Dach

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

ello

Jun 12, 2018
When does this poll close?

HE really plays an NHL style game already

Are any examples of top 6 forwards in the NHL today who were point per game or less in the NCAA? And before anyone chimes in I know context/playing time matter, just curious about statistical comparables

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Nazar, hoping he is the 2nd C coming out of Training camp TBH, he has got to show he can elevate the whole group according to the GM KD

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

Are any examples of top 6 forwards in the NHL today who were point per game or less in the NCAA? And before anyone chimes in I know context/playing time matter, just curious about statistical comparables
At the sophmore mark? Zach Hyman didn't exceed a ppg until his senior year. Certainly a different type of forward. Josh Norris barely exceeded a ppg his sopmore year. Alex Tuch.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

Guentzel was an average NCAA scorer and he played major minutes in all situations for his team, including tons of PP time. Frank put up PPG this year with 4 PPP and playing with a hodge podge of guys taking matchup center duties so Brindley and McGroarty and Duke could chase offense.

Now obviously some of his points are with McGroarty and Brindley, but plenty aren't. He played a lot with Schifsky and Moldenhauser. He definitely can be a Top 6 player in the NHL but he's got some learning to do. His play selection isn't always the best and he can be a bit wasteful with the opportunities he creates, but I have faith he'll learn.

Last edited:

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Either Musto is insane, or we are.
musto isn’t insane, he’s confidently asserting his dubious opinion as fact. even if vanacker ends up the better player, musto should be given no “credit” and should continue to be ruthlessly mocked for tying what seems to be his whole sense of identity to being correct about which children grow up to play a children’s game as an adult the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad