• Jakub Dobes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I don't think Beck or Fowler are necessarily 'worse' prospects, but I do think Engstrom is further along and has already had a lot of success at the pro level in a very strong league. Bonus points for playing right and left side. Shadow bonus points for being tall, fast, and understanding that twinkies aren't a food group, unlike Fowler.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think Beck or Fowler are necessarily 'worse' prospects, but I do think Engstrom is further along and has already had a lot of success at the pro level in a very strong league. Bonus points for playing right and left side. Shadow bonus points for being tall, fast, and understanding that twinkies aren't a food group, unlike Fowler.

Yeah, I kind of expected more players to be in the mix at this point (engstrom, bogdan, beck, fowler), but it's already pretty decided based on the polling that this spot and the next spot are going to Fowler and beck.

Reactions: overlords

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah I think you’re probably right. He’s an exciting prospect. I have him ranked a little lower now because I’m a little less certain of him than Beck. But he probably has more upside. Either way he’s my next choice.

Same here. It's Beck. Then Fowler for me.

However, it seems like Fowler will win out as he's ahead in the poll.

Reactions: Redux91

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We don't know who but it's been alluded to a few times by Basu and Godin.

They aren't wrong - if you watch Volokhin play, none of our goalies have the athletic ability that this kid has. I still have Fowler higher because he's a winner and he's got a mix of the mindset, technical ability and athletic ability but in terms of raw upside, Volokhin is insane.
Hasek Jr. if he connects ?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
None of the European prospects are given a remote chance to be ranked higher (other than Demidov).
Engstrom could be near the top of our prospects as well as Volokhin and Kapanen. Flawed rankings when none of us have a clue at how good our European prospects truly are.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
None of the European prospects are given a remote chance to be ranked higher (other than Demidov).
Engstrom could be near the top of our prospects as well as Volokhin and Kapanen. Flawed rankings when none of us have a clue at how good our European prospects truly are.
to be fair, i'd bet a fair amount of the people voting have watched exactly as much of our NA prospects as they have our EU prospects.

outside of the AHL guys, i've probably only watched 5-6 guys on this list in the past 12 months. but it's july 9th and what else are we supposed to do besides make grand proclamations about the future.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
to be fair, i'd bet a fair amount of the people voting have watched exactly as much of our NA prospects as they have our EU prospects.

outside of the AHL guys, i've probably only watched 5-6 guys on this list in the past 12 months. but it's july 9th and what else are we supposed to do besides make grand proclamations about the future.
Fair point.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Might want to look at more than stats.

Fowler almost carried his team to a Frozen Four win.

Who were the Smith, Leonard, Perreault, Gauthier on NE? Numbers are similar Primeau won back to back goalie of the year I think the comp is fair.

Jacob Fowler is the best G pick since Cayden Primeau.

Owen Beck is the best center draft pick since ?????

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Who were the Smith, Leonard, Perreault, Gauthier on NE? Numbers are similar Primeau won back to back goalie of the year I think the comp is fair.

Which is why you have to go beyond stats. Fowler has won at every level he's been in and always has been a top goalie in very league he's been in. I guess you'll have to wait and see.

Our failure to draft competent Cs is irrelevant here.

Fowler's upside is way higher than Beck.

Fowler should be our best goalie since Price, Beck projects has a 3C, maybe a 2C if everything goes perfect.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Hage this year

Before Beck:
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Ryan Poehling

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
I've been voting Fowler for three rounds now, and my next pick is absolutely Engstrom, not Beck (and maybe even above Roy). I think people forget how great a skater he is.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

Its all media hype man...

This prospect ranking is a popularity contest, nothing more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad