Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bogdan Konyushkov

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Go with Fowler but Roy was close to me.

Roy almost feel like he graduated to me so I've gone with my fav goalie prospect in the last 15 years or so.

Roy needs to play with good players to exercise his pounce style so I don't see why he'd go back down...

Reactions: Redux91

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I would be disappointed in Hage.

Hage was a mid-late 1st round pick. Expecting more than that from Hage is unrealistic at this point.
If you look at prospects from Roy's draft year, outside of a few of the top 10 picks + Wyatt Johnson, nobody has done much better.

Coronato, Othmann, Samoskevich, Mailloux, Zellweger, Stankoven, Raty, etc. have all been developing well, and some of them could end up star NHL players, and all of them have spent much of the season in the ahl.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Roy
He put up huge numbers in the Q and in the world juniors, then nice numbers in the ahl, and had a solid start to the nhl. He scored 7 pts in his last 14 nhl games playing only 12 min a night.

If Hage after 3 years has done the equivalent, we would be very happy

I hope we get more from Hage in 3 years time...good thing is he had a seemingly great year in the USHL so here's to hoping he builds on that

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Hage was a mid-late 1st round pick. Expecting more than that from Hage is unrealistic at this point.
If you look at prospects from Roy's draft year, outside of a few of the top 10 picks + Wyatt Johnson, nobody has done much better.

Coronato, Othmann, Samoskevich, Mailloux, Zellweger, Stankoven, Raty, etc. have all been developing well, and some of them could end up star NHL players, and all of them have spent much of the season in the ahl.

I am aware of what I said.

If Hage is at Roy's level in his D+3, I will be disappointed.

Reactions: themilosh

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Can you name a lot fo 21ist overall range picks that were ahead of Roy in the last 4 drafts ?

Either you underrate Roy a good bit or you don't know what a prospect is.

Maybe I underrate Roy or you underrate Hage.

I expect Hage to have two great NCAA seasons, then start in the AHL and then do better than Roy did in the NHL.

Pick range is irrelevant, as Roy as evidenced.

Reactions: Redux91

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Maybe I underrate Roy or you underrate Hage.

I expect Hage to have two great NCAA seasons, then start in the AHL and then do better than Roy did in the NHL.

Pick range is irrelevant, as Roy as evidenced.
It's the "disappointed " part of your post that was the problem. Roy has had similar or better development curve after his draft than the majority of players drafted in first rounds.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's the "disappointed " part of your post that was the problem. Roy has had similar or better development curve after his draft than the majority of players drafted in first rounds.

I am aware of that. Montreal got an awesome pick with Roy. I expect Hage to do better.

Guhlay

Feb 18, 2020
Going with Fowler since #3 and until he's chosen.

Will be a key piece (top 5 contributor) on our next cup winning team if he reachs his upside.

Can Roy, Mailloux and co be that? I doubt it....

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Going with Fowler since #3 and until he's chosen.

Will be a key piece (top 5 contributor) on our next cup winning team if he reachs his upside.

Can Roy, Mailloux and co be that? I doubt it....

That could be his ceiling. But there's also probability of attaining that ceiling to factor in.

Very exciting prospect though.

Reactions: Guhlay

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
You think Reinbacher is not a top 5 prospect?

I am not surprised.

You have Hage really high, who still has a long way of muscle building and development. Injuries could happen and /or bad development.

Beck is massively underrated here... he's definitely ahead of Reinbacher for me atm.
Mesar same story, underrated and misunderstood.

I have him in my top 6 though... next year he'll be in the top 5 im sure

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You have Hage really high, who still has a long way of muscle building and development. Injuries could happen and /or bad development.

Beck is massively underrated here... he's definitely ahead of Reinbacher for me atm.
Mesar same story, underrated and misunderstood.

I have him in my top 6 though... next year he'll be in the top 5 im sure

That is very telling.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Went with Fowler. I voted him ahead of Mailloux.

I simply believe he's the next big thing in net for us, I have zero doubt with this guy. Watched about 20 or so games, everygame i've watched, he convinced me that he will play as a #1 goalie in the NHL. Best goalie prospect since Carey Price.

Market value : Hage -> Roy -> Fowler ( due to C / W / G )
Present day talent : Roy -> Fowler -> Hage
Ceiling potential : Hage -> Fowler -> Roy
Floor potential : Fowler -> Roy -> Hage
Game breaker potential : Fowler -> Hage -> Roy

Hage and Roy are very close behind though.

Add Xhakej

Reactions: overlords

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad