Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Heehh....
Here I see the argument, because Hage COULD Be a Top-6 center, while Roy won't be anything else than a Top-6 winger

I don't see much of a ceiling difference other than that.

I see Roy as a middle-6 winger.

I see Hage as a top-6 C.

Reactions: Shutdown

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024
I'd f***ing love this to happen.
But it won't happen.
why not, he has shown at every level he is able to produce, he has a wicked shot, better players around him and will prob slot on the 2nd pp maybe even produce himself onto the first if they run 2 defenceman

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
why not, he has shown at every level he is able to produce, he has a wicked shot, better players around him and will prob slot on the 2nd pp maybe even produce himself onto the first if they run 2 defenceman
Every player at this point was able to produce at every level they played.

I see Roy as a middle-6 winger.

I see Hage as a top-6 C.
..But Hage also as the downside of "not an NHL player" and it probably has to be factored in as well.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Every player at this point was able to produce at every level they played.

..But Hage also as the downside of "not an NHL player" and it probably has to be factored in as well.

Yes and depending how big you consider the risk is, the lower it puts Hage.

For me, that risk is not enough to not vote him at 4.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
just curious what other 6"3 220 pd defenceman were able to produce 47 points in 72 games in the AHL at 20, dude is severely underrated on this board imo

He was also one of the worst D defensively in the whole AHL to start the year. He improved a lot, but he would get exposed big time playing a full year on the 2nd pair right now.

For me, if he plays 20 or so games and perform decently after we deal Savard, that's a huge success.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Ceiling difference.
You need to factor ceiling with the probability to reach it, Roy is already an NHLer and have a floor of a 3rd liner and a ceiling of a good 2nd liner, scoring, 2way game and all

You need to take in consideration his certainty.

Hage is a great prospect, loved the pick from day 1, his ceiling is a 2nd line center and his floor is what? .....bust territory? Yes that can still happen

I mean there shouldnt be any debate here, at least at this stage of their careers

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
just curious what other 6"3 220 pd defenceman were able to produce 47 points in 72 games in the AHL at 20, dude is severely underrated on this board imo
It's a thing to be able to hold its own defensively in the AHL, it's another to do so in the NHL (for more than a game).

FTR, I really hesitated between Roy and Mailloux. I love Mailloux. I nearly creamed my screen last year during his first game.

Reactions: Ieatsht4brkfst

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You need to factor ceiling with the probability to reach it, Roy is already an NHLer and have a floor of a 3rd liner and a ceiling of a good 2nd liner, scoring, 2way game and all

Hage is a great prospect, loved the pick from day 1, his ceiling is a 2nd line center and his floor is what? .....bust territory? Yes that can still happen

I mean there shouldnt be any debate here, at least at this stage of their careers

That is your take on it. I took all those factors into consideration and Hage is still the one that comes up on top. I probably have a lower evaluation on Roy than you have. Roy isn't even a sure thing to start the year in Montreal right now.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

Yeah its like admitting that Beck and Mailloux have regressed.

The only explanation for Hage right now is the hype and if you ask me in a "hockey board" hype should never be part of an equation when evaluating prospects.

Hage has so much mass to add to his body which will inevitably require alot of time to develop and adapt... i cant put him ahead of prospects who are closer to the league with similar ceilings.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yeah its like admitting that Beck and Mailloux have regressed.

The only explanation for Hage right now is the hype and if you ask me in a "hockey board" hype should never be part of an equation when evaluating prospects.

Hage has so much mass to add to his body which will inevitably require alot of time to develop and adapt... i cant put him ahead of prospects who are closer to the league with similar ceilings.

Beck and Mailloux haven't regressed, they've done really well.

Some people just consider Hage to be a better prospect.

Just like some people have Mesar at 3 and others have him outside the top 5.

Doesn't mean Mesar is bad.

#4 to #10 are all relatively close.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
This is where it starts getting interesting.

I picked Hage for the upside. If you asked me on a different day I might have said Beck, Mailloux, or Fowler.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Beck and Mailloux haven't regressed, they've done really well.

Some people just consider Hage to be a better prospect.

Just like some people have Mesar at 3 and others have him outside the top 5.

Doesn't mean Mesar is bad.

#4 to #10 are all relatively close.

Mesar is hugely underrated though. Hage has no track record that warrants a better placement in the ranking than the other top prospects.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Owen Beck respectors club; 2

@Team_Spirit @Bombshell11

1000004957.jpg

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Ceiling:
Fowler
Mailloux/Hage
Roy
Beck

Floor:
Beck
Mailloux
Hage
Roy
Fowler

Tough one but went with Mailloux.

Guhlay

Feb 18, 2020
All he does is win and be the best in each league year after year. Easy pick for me here....Fowler no question.

Top 10 goalie upside is better than any of the remaining prospects imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad