• Sean Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Filip Mesar

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I think Engstrom is a better player now than Struble was when he turned pro. Engstrom just spent two years in the SHL and played quality minutes for a quality team. But yeah, both are classic underscouted players people forgot in favor of shiny toys.
I mean it depends on how you want to rank prospects. If there's a 20% chance one guy becomes a core player and an 80% chance he busts, do you rank him above a guy with an 80% chance of being a replaceable 3rd pairing guy with a 20% chance of busting?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Really good easy here

Reinbacher

Should have been #2

Agreed. Not trying to be low on Hutson but Reinbacher should have been voted #2. Some Habs fans are crowning Hutson like the Leafs do with Marner. Great talents yes but holes in their overall game.

There is no way Hutson is going to provide more value than Reinbacher if you consider playoff hockey. Well, unless you think Reinbacher busts.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I want to see where the board will rank Adam Engstrom, a few months before he joins the camp, play a few pre season games, and completely change the perspective we have of our draft dept.

Engstrom has played two seasons with men in the SHL and that is a very tight checking league. He has the inside track on how to handle pros.

Today, I would have Engstrom and Struble neck and neck on prospect value. A head of the curve with maturity which goes a long way for young D in the NHL.

I mean it depends on how you want to rank prospects. If there's a 20% chance one guy becomes a core player and an 80% chance he busts, do you rank him above a guy with an 80% chance of being a replaceable 3rd pairing guy with a 20% chance of busting?

Problem is every one of us would have different %'s applied to this formula which results in different answers.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I think Engstrom is a better player now than Struble was when he turned pro. Engstrom just spent two years in the SHL and played quality minutes for a quality team. But yeah, both are classic underscouted players people forgot in favor of shiny toys.

More under media-exposed than under scouted. People on HFboards are mostly talking about players being themselves talked about in the media. The first rounders will obviously get talked about, and it will snowball on social media etc.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No team in the NHL would trade Reinbacher for Hutson.

What team in the NHL would've given a top 10 pick for Hutson these last two years ? I think were messing up that selection but oh well.

Top four is pretty simple.

Demidov
Reinbacher
Hutson
Roy

It's at 5 that we have to decide between Hage and Beck. I'd lean Hage.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

What team in the NHL would've given a top 10 pick for Hutson these last two years ? I think were messing up that selection but oh well.

Demidov
Reinbacher
Hutson
Roy

No team would do that, but Hutson upside is a lot more exciting for hockey fans.

I'm expecting Mailloux at 4 on this board.

I have Hage at 4.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Demidov
Reinbacher
Hutson
Roy

No team would do that, but Hutson upside is a lot more exciting for hockey fans.

I'm expecting Mailloux at 4 on this board.

I have Hage at 4.

I don't think we can assume a team wouldn't give up a top 10 pick for Hutson. My minds eye sees him as potentially a very special player. We'll see if he can become that, and if he is still a huge difference maker in the playoffs.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
Are we to assume David Fischer and Louis Leblanc have graduated from the Bergevin/Timmins School of Scouting and Analytics?

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Voting already closed on this one? I'd have picked Reinbacher here anyways to go with the majority.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
There's one vote for Mesar !!!
Screen Shot 2024-07-05 at 4.04.05 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: MXD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad