NYR draftee, played 2 seasons in AHL,
completed his ELC this spring, so an NHL RFA
returning to Sweden
if NYR QO, NHL rights retained until age 27

smsgtkvv

May 30, 2003
South Hill
Visit site
The following players, having been Group II restricted free agents will have turned 27 years old by July 1, 2024, making them Group III unrestricted free agents. The team currently holding the players rights and the year they became Group II free agents is also listed.

David Kase - Carolina - 2021
Calvin Thurkauf - Columbus - 2021
Vili Saarijarvi - Chicago - 2020
Vladislav Kamenev - Colorado - 2020
Egor Korshkov - Florida - 2021
Aleksi Saarela - Florida - 2020
Mikhail Vorobyov - Vegas - 2020
Damien Riat - Washington - 2022

Reactions: caley and xECK29x

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Kind of surprised Ruzicka didn't get some offer from the NHL.

He's young and had showed some flashes, had a stupid moment and was released, but players have done far worse. Hope he can have a good year in the KHL and maybe make it back to the NHL.

Reactions: Dog

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Great job as usual @caley, thanks for doing this.
With Capfriendly going dark this summer, is this the last year for this or will you be able to find other sources for the info.
Is Puckpedia any good?

Reactions: uncleben

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
With Capfriendly going dark this summer, is this the last year for this or will you be able to find other sources for the info.
Is Puckpedia any good?
Capfriendly's going dark? I thought they were just sold to somebody.

What's the replacement?

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Capfriendly's going dark? I thought they were just sold to somebody.

What's the replacement?
AFAIK they were bought by the Caps and will be going dark sometime in July when the sale is finalized.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Washington bought out CapFriendly
01. So they can use the site internally and take it away from other teams while also using the knowledge of the guys who ran it

Or

02. Because the NHL did not care for there being a salary cap website that the public could access and the Caps did them a favour by buying it and shutting it down

I HOPE to continue doing these threads as long as the info is out there somewhere Puckpedia is the next best option but I'm also intrigued by Megan Chayka talking about doing one, too.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Is Puckpedia any good?
I have been trying to look at Puckpedia this past week. It has been surprisingly good/fast at updating contract info. That was my biggest worry in losing CapFriendly. Granted, the user interface is less intuitive and friendly - but once you get past the cosmetics, I'm finding it to be satisfactory so far. :dunno:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
The Reserve Lists are what I miss so far after switching to Puck Pedia. I think everything else can be a matter of getting used to the site.

But those Reserve Lists, complete with when prospects rights ended, were pure gold.
Speed is an issue with PuckPedia, the CapFriendly folks were so dedicated at getting information updated and verified quickly.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I have been trying to look at Puckpedia this past week. It has been surprisingly good/fast at updating contract info. That was my biggest worry in losing CapFriendly. Granted, the user interface is less intuitive and friendly - but once you get past the cosmetics, I'm finding it to be satisfactory so far. :dunno:
They seem to be very open to suggestions/feedback. Ever since the CapFriendly news came out, people have flocked to their site and asked for changes/suggestions (like Dark Mode) and they seem to be quite accommodating , so I'm hoping they'll get there

Of course, I'm old enough to remember the panic when the late Matthew Wuest announced that due to health reasons, he was going to shutter CapGeek and we all thought it was the end of the world and we'd have nowhere online to obsess over how much money teams were paying out. Someone usually steps up and fills the role.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00