GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Haula, Palat, Noesen, Lazar, Bastian, Tatar, Cotter....

To me it looks like someone that absolutely shouldn't be in the top 6 will be.
It's definitely gonna be a mishmash now, they don't even have the cap space to wait out the summer or the interest to wait out the trade market.

I don't think three of those last four will be anywhere near the top six unless they jump the shark or have a ****load of injuries. It'll be some combination of Haula/Palat/Tatar on the top two lines, Noesen wouldn't be quite as bad as the others but not as realistic to go in the top six either.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Tatar has proven he can succeed there with literally the exact guys he will be playing with. It remains to be seen if he has lost a step but if not, we can reunite one of the best lines in hockey from a couple years ago.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

The not having a new face for Jack thing aside. Keefe is going to have a ton of options to build out the bottom 6 the way he thinks it should be. Will be interesting to see who he falls in love with that we all hate and who he hates that we all are pissed isn't playing more.

Reactions: JimEIV and My3Sons

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
If Mercer rebounds and can play some C, then the Devs might be able to get away with their current C depth. If Mercer can't do that though and there is an injury at C, the Devs are f'd. Would have preferred keeping the Tatar cap space for a 3C or utility C/W, even if a trade was needed to get it done.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You nailed it. We needed a big top 6 winger and got tater tots- large fail
I wonder if they hope Cotter can make that jump? I've seen some reports that he can skate well and has skill and snarl. He's only 24 and maybe they think he can take a step to a 20 goal guy? Not saying it's realistic but at least that's the sort of project other teams make work at times. He's certainly a big enough kid that if it works he can skate next to Jack for some puck retrieval and space creation.

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
I wonder if they hope Cotter can make that jump? I've seen some reports that he can skate well and has skill and snarl. He's only 24 and maybe they think he can take a step to a 20 goal guy? Not saying it's realistic but at least that's the sort of project other teams make work at times. He's certainly a big enough kid that if it works he can skate next to Jack for some puck retrieval and space creation.
Perhaps but seems akin to a lottery ticket. Noesen doesn’t seem like the guy we want in the top six either. I was actually shocked at his lack of foot speed. Looking at Inside Edge data he is practically Nolan Foote slow

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Perhaps but seems akin to a lottery ticket. Noesen doesn’t seem like the guy we want in the top six either. I was actually shocked at his lack of foot speed. Looking at Inside Edge data he is practically Nolan Foote slow
I think some of that will be the a function of Keefe getting them a streamlined system they can play easily and quickly. That will mask some of the speed deficiency. He didn't look slow during the pace of play with Carolina.

Reactions: Guadana

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Right. What a stupid move bringing in a guy who has worked well with some of the guys we have before. Idiot Tom strikes again.
Great we now have everyone’s favourite playoff healthy scratch back again. This is the height of lunacy. Seems like tom wanted one more quick signing before he shuts off the office lights and goes on vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad