GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards

I'd be curious what his one year card would look like. I think the 3 year average is likely weighing down the most recent year.

I think he's probably your typical low event fourth liner. He got stung a little last year by a low on ice shooting percentage (PDO .987), but they were pretty even 50/50 chances across the board with him on the ice.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Foote - Jack - Mercer
Palat - Haula - Noesek
Bratt - Hischier -Meier
Cotter - Lazar - Bastian
MacDermid

Siegs - Hamilton
Dillon - Pesce
Luke - Nemec
Kovacevic
DeSimone

Markanen
Allen

Daws
Poulter

Obviously they need a legit LW to play with either Hischier or Jack since Meier prefers the right side. I think Bratt is versatile enough he can fill on either wing. Hoping Mercer improves isn't farfetched. They can easily squeeze another $775k if they demote DeSimone. They need about that much to extend Foote. They can probably go long term with Mercer if they want or bridge him since they have over $6 mil left. Signing Luke will be tricky. Having Gritsyuk join on an ELC after his KHL season ends could potentially be a bit game changer.

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Fixating lol.

I'm pointing out that, to me, it looks bad on paper. Generally, I don't give a f*** about a 4th line, I just don't like the current make up.

I think all three are replacement level players, at best.
If you are only spending 3M this seems like good value really. Im sure they kicked tires on Trenin but were unwilling to pay the price

Reactions: Mgd31

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Fitz has bolstered the "need tough skill" like crazy this off-season.

Noeson, Cotter, Dillon. We will not be easy to play against with liberties against our star players anymore.
This is what I'm excited about. We were Charmin soft last year. At least we have some toughness.

Still one hole to fill, but we can make it work. I assume Fitz is going to just play the waiting game now and see who is left over for a short term stopgap top 6 role.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Fitz has bolstered the "need tough skill" like crazy this off-season.

Noeson, Cotter, Dillon. We will not be easy to play against with liberties against our star players anymore.

Yeah unfortunately that’s not going to be true. Tougher to play against? Yes. But that’s not going to stop anyone from taking runs at Hughes, Hischier, and co

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'd love to add Henrique but he is probably riddance given we have Haula for the same role and Palat is likely to be a 3rd liner.

Still probably wouldn't hate the signing but it could make sense for us to just sign Mercer and go into the year as is.

Henrique I think is a far better top 6 fit than either of those guys

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Fixating lol.

I'm pointing out that, to me, it looks bad on paper. Generally, I don't give a f*** about a 4th line, I just don't like the current make up.

I think all three are replacement level players, at best.
How dare you comment on a player that is on the roster; that isnt what this forum is for

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
This team really needs another top6 scorer and they don't have the cap to fill it with a veteran. Best option is to grab a reclamation project scorer and have them fill out the roster spot.

Are there any ELC high draft picks available that can fill this spot?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Foote - Jack - Mercer
Palat - Haula - Noesek
Bratt - Hischier -Meier
Cotter - Lazar - Bastian
MacDermid

Siegs - Hamilton
Dillon - Pesce
Luke - Nemec
Kovacevic
DeSimone

Markanen
Allen

Daws
Poulter

Obviously they need a legit LW to play with either Hischier or Jack since Meier prefers the right side. I think Bratt is versatile enough he can fill on either wing. Hoping Mercer improves isn't farfetched. They can easily squeeze another $775k if they demote DeSimone. They need about that much to extend Foote. They can probably go long term with Mercer if they want or bridge him since they have over $6 mil left. Signing Luke will be tricky. Having Gritsyuk join on an ELC after his KHL season ends could potentially be a bit game changer.
I see little chance both of Foote and Bastian are on the opening night roster, and an even smaller chance both are in the opening night lineup, unless there were some injuries in the preseason. One of them? Yes. Both? Highly doubt it.

@ me if I'm wrong on this, but I think Foote has to have a big preseason if he's gonna be on the opening night roster. Maybe he's an extra forward on the opening night roster, so they don't have to waive him.

But in my mind Bastian or Foote would be the first to go if we add another forward. And by first to go, I don't mean first to go in a trade back for a potential acquired forward, but first to go off the roster to make room. Whether that's in a trade back or to the minors/waivers.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

Won a cup with this player. Makes more than double what Cotter makes. The horror.
Stenlund is a Center, no? Took close to 1000 face offs last year winning around 52% of them. That along with his size and PK ability gives him some value. Before we got Cotter, I wouldn't have been opposed to snagging him for our 4C and PK2 spots.

This team really needs another top6 scorer and they don't have the cap to fill it with a veteran. Best option is to grab a reclamation project scorer and have them fill out the roster spot.

Reid Boucher

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Where's Rico
Do we have the cap space? I mean, we technically do, but that's without Mercer signed.

The other unsigned guys (Foote being one off the top of my head) will be getting close to league minimum and can be stashed away in the minors (if not claimed on waivers) without anything of their remaining cap hit affecting the NHL books.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards

I think in theory they could probably grab a guy like Colton in trade, but they may run a tight ship during the season. Maybe run a 21 man roster with Macdermid serving as both 7th D and 13th F for stretches.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah unfortunately that’s not going to be true. Tougher to play against? Yes. But that’s not going to stop anyone from taking runs at Hughes, Hischier, and co
It will depend. If Rempe has to fight MacDermid every game he will be in the box and out of the game and will not be able to cheap shot guys. Trouba will still be there with his chicken wing though. Guys like Tkachuck on Florida will get some pushback at least and those sort of frauds will stop if they know they have to answer the bell to someone in their weight class. It won't stop the liberties but it should lessen them a bit which is all you can ask for. It's the NHL and will always have cheap shots and borderline and over the line hits until the league decides it values good players over lousy players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad