GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Devils defense and goaltending is miles miles better than it was last year and someone said that this Devils defense might be better than 22-23 and I wouldn't totally disagree with that. The biggest what if is Markstrom anyway. If he's ass, we're cooked regardless whoever plays on the fourth line. If he's good, this team is gonna be a lock top 3 in the Metro

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Don't like the length of Dillon and the fact Pesce got full NMC and then a strong NTC. I thought the Devils would be able to dump the contract later.

That said, I believe in Keefe. He took the remains of Edmundson and Luke Schenn and made use of em. Hopefully he can do the same with our own versions of them.

Reactions: Rhodes 81

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
great use one example of a card.

Now watch him play, puts up about 20-25 points, hits a ton and has some skill.

I've read posts from Vegas fans who generally point out how pretty terrible he is. They see him as no loss. Scratched in the playoffs. Shit stats.

This guy will be dragged on these boards, within a month of the regular season starting. I guarantee it.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Listening to TSN and hearing them still act as if the Leafs problem in the playoffs is their defense is f***ing hilarious. Their defense has not been all that big of a problem for YEARS. Literally the lowest G/60 in these playoffs. Obviously their stars generally aren’t reliable enough but they also get NO depth scoring. My biggest concern is that we’re literally just building the Leafs but with better defense.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Don't like the length of Dillon and the fact Pesce got full NMC and then a strong NTC. I thought the Devils would be able to dump the contract later.

That said, I believe in Keefe. He took the remains of Edmundson and Luke Schenn and made use of em. Hopefully he can do the same with our own versions of them.
I don't generally get too concerned about modified NTCs for skaters, tbh.

Reactions: Nubmer6

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Listening to TSN and hearing them still act as if the Leafs problem in the playoffs is their defense is f***ing hilarious. Their defense has not been all that big of a problem for YEARS. Literally the lowest G/60 in these playoffs. Obviously their stars generally aren’t reliable enough but they also get NO depth scoring. My biggest concern is that we’re literally just building the Leafs but with better defense.

Meh, I don't know about that. The Leafs imploded after the JT signing and trading Kadri for Tyson f***ing Barrie, this team hasn't made a dumb signing like that yet unless you wanna argue Palat but even then it's not to the extent of the luxury that JT was for Toronto.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I've read posts from Vegas fans who generally point out how pretty terrible he is. They see him as no loss. Scratched in the playoffs. Shit stats.

This guy will be dragged on these boards, within a month of the regular season starting. I guarantee it.

Generally players on good teams have their stats positively skewed on those cards too. Not the case with him. It’s great he’s fast and hits, but when you play a heavy “playoff style” game, yet you’re health bombed for every single playoff game of your career so far, I find it difficult to get as excited about him as some are. I’d love for him to be good though.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Oh no, the instant reactions to a 4th liner might be negative.

You’re fixating on the 4th line.

Reactions: SteveCangialosi123

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Oh no, the instant reactions to a 4th liner might be negative.

You’re fixating on the 4th line.

Fixating lol.

I'm pointing out that, to me, it looks bad on paper. Generally, I don't give a f*** about a 4th line, I just don't like the current make up.

I think all three are replacement level players, at best.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I'd love to add Henrique but he is probably riddance given we have Haula for the same role and Palat is likely to be a 3rd liner.

Still probably wouldn't hate the signing but it could make sense for us to just sign Mercer and go into the year as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad