GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
We really should move Casey+ for McGroarty - Casey has zero chance at NHL hockey here with Pesce now, Hamilton, and Nemec

Would be a middle-6 add whos cheap as well, pushes Foote or Bastian to 13F

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I still think we add another forward.

Bratt-Hughes-Mercer
???-Nico-Meier
Palat-Haula-Noesen
Cotter-Lazar-Bastian
Foote

I dont love Lazar as a fourth line center. I think he is much better on wing.
This made me think of how important still having Michael McLeod would have been to us.

Which led me to Ryan Mcleod if we could trade for him or a similar type asset. Slide Palat and Cotter up, bastian to 4LW, and Mcleod at 4C

To be honest, I wish we still had Holtz to fill the last remaining forward slot. I wanted to see him under a new coaching regime. Shelden Keefe could of been good for him.
Even Graeme Clarke could have been a fun tryout for a top 9 offensive role (Fabian Zetterlund esque)

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
We really should move Casey+ for McGroarty - Casey has zero chance at NHL hockey here with Pesce now, Hamilton, and Nemec

I'd rather keep Casey. We'll need him if there injuries to one of our 3 RHDs.

Furthermore, I could see Hamilton declining in a few years, and we'll want Casey ready to step in and pick up the torch when that happens.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Eh, I’m not against moving Casey in right deal but we’re going to have to dump Hamilton sooner than later so we can pay Luke & Nemec.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City

Furthermore, I could see Hamilton declining in a few years, and we'll want Casey ready to step in and pick up the torch when that happens.
Defensemen also just feel like starting pitching in baseball to me: you really can't have enough depth, because odds are you're going to use it all at some point during the season.

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016

Kovacevic and Desimone will get time over Casey if needed. If they can pull the trigger on McGroarty they should, but I can’t see it happening since we just inked Casey to his ELC.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
This made me think of how important still having Michael McLeod would have been to us.

Which led me to Ryan Mcleod if we could trade for him or a similar type asset. Slide Palat and Cotter up, bastian to 4LW, and Mcleod at 4C

Even Graeme Clarke could have been a fun tryout for a top 9 offensive role (Fabian Zetterlund esque)
Losing McLeod also hurt us with Holtz, as they really started to gel as a duo. Afterwards, Holtz really struggled.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024

So were keeping our best asset shelved because... maybe theres injuries?

Yeah, thats what extra defenseman are for - not valuable RHD prospects

And yeah yeah I know, everyone wants Dougie out the door - its not happening. Dougie is 31 and some of yall treat him like hes 34

Casey has no path to success here with Pesce now signed

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Dallas had a specific need there after buying out Suter.

Oh, we didn’t sign Duclair?

IMG_8209.gif

So were keeping our best asset shelved because... maybe theres injuries?

Yeah, thats what extra defenseman are for - not valuable RHD prospects

And yeah yeah I know, everyone wants Dougie out the door - its not happening. Dougie is 31 and some of yall treat him like hes 34

Casey has no path to success here with Pesce now signed

You know, you’re right, I’ll get on the phone now and trade Semus Casey.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Curious what Kahkonen gets. Who still needs a goalie? @Brodeur ?

Bad time to be an unsigned goalie. Only spots left might be backup for Colorado/Tampa but they have limited cap space. Maybe Vegas if Schmid's not getting an NHL spot? Winnipeg signed former Devils legend Eric Comrie, but maybe he's a #3 for them?

ANA: Gibson - Dostal
CGY: Wolf - Vladar
EDM: Skinner - Pickard
LAK: Kuemper - Rittich - Copley
SEA: Grubauer - Daccord
SJS: Blackwood - Vanecek
VAN: Demko - Silovs
VGK: Hill - Schmid?

ARZ: Ingram - Vejmelka
CHI: Mrazek - Brossoit - Soderblom
COL: Georgiev - Annunen?
DAL: Oettinger - DeSmith