GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
No more than 2 years on any, sure. Luke and Nemo gonna demand some serious coin in a couple years. Need to keep future cap in mind, not just current.
Best bet would be skinner

He’s probably most likely to take a 1 year prove it deal since he’s already getting money from buffalo’s buy out

Reactions: nugg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We fixed most of them. Jack's line is still a hole as you are relying in Mercer having a bounce back season where he becomes a top 6 guy and you need one of Haula or Palat or also be top 6.

That's not ideal

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
?-Hughes-Bratt
Meier-Hischier-Mercer
Palat-Haula-Noesen
Cotter-Lazar-Bastian
MacDermid, Foote

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Pesce
Dillon-Nemec
Kovacevic

Markstrom
Allen

Assuming $900k for Foote and $3.5M for Mercer, and sending DeSimone down, that only leaves $3.15M which wouldn't be enough for Colton.
unless we can make them retain something........

Reactions: forceten

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I was expecting the deals to look worse than what we'd become accustomed to under the flat cap, but there are a bunch that go beyond that. Definitely going to have to bank on Mercer bouncing back, but I also worry about overall depth in the top 9 even if that does happen. We'll be back in a place where any injury to our top 4 forwards kills us.

I know you can't have everything. We should be hard to score against this year. We'll see how much more possession and offense that leads to.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
Henrique can absolutely fit if the devils move bastian and are content with kicking the mercer can down the road

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
I still think we add another forward.

Bratt-Hughes-Mercer
???-Nico-Meier
Palat-Haula-Noesen
Cotter-Lazar-Bastian
Foote

I dont love Lazar as a fourth line center. I think he is much better on wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad