GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Ugh, TSN insiders talking about the tax break teams and what the league can and can't do about it. Why the hell don't they read these boards so they can realize it doesn't exist?
I've heard multiple interviews with NBA agents that suggest tax issues are overblown and generally can be minimized if you know what you are doing. There was a chart posted on the main boards recently that showed the estimated differences and there was variances up to maybe $1 mil and I think NJ was about a $500k penalty? The speed that these deals get done in UFA suggests to me that not too much tax prep is done for them which may be the biggest problem.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Doesn't look like we're getting that top 6 winger. Oh well. We still have a lot of forward talent and we should be lightyears better on the blue line and in goal.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I've heard multiple interviews with NBA agents that suggest tax issues are overblown and generally can be minimized if you know what you are doing. There was a chart posted on the main boards recently that showed the estimated differences and there was variances up to maybe $1 mil and I think NJ was about a $500k penalty? The speed that these deals get done in UFA suggests to me that not too much tax prep is done for them which may be the biggest problem.
I do think people make too big of a deal about it as well. But my issue comes with the people who pretend it doesn't exist and that there are not teams that can benefit from it. Is it game breaking? No. Does it exist? Yes, absolutely.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Depth forwards seem at a premium this year.

Scoring forwards not as much as previously.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Doesn't look like we're getting that top 6 winger. Oh well. We still have a lot of forward talent and we should be lightyears better on the blue line and in goal.

So, who's still available at the forward position? Looking like we got shutout there.

Bah God, is that Tomas Tatar's music???!!!!

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Fitz anytime he can get an ex-Hurricane

1719853907641.png

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I do think people make too big of a deal about it as well. But my issue comes with the people who pretend it doesn't exist and that there are not teams that can benefit from it. Is it game breaking? No. Does it exist? Yes, absolutely.
It's also not as simple as pure tax brackets. What places have loopholes in place to save more money.

Reactions: My3Sons

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Whoa, Noesen was not the former Devil I was expecting to see back. Thought for sure he had priced himself above where we could offer.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad