• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. In the first poll I am voting for Beckett Sennecke.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

Our graduates and departures are:

Leo Carlsson
Pavel Mintyukov
Lukas Dostal
Jackson LaCombe
Connor Hvidston
Jacob Perreault
Pavol Regenda
Benoit-Olivier Groulx
Brayden Tracey
Blake McLaughlin
Gage Alexander
Ben King
Jack Perbix
Artyom Galimov
Albin Sundsvik​

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
65 games is the criteria that typically is used to define prospects for this poll. Mintyukov (63 GP) and Carlsson (55) didn't quite get there but I am not going to consider them prospects for this poll as both were full time NHLers who would've gotten there if not for injuries/load management. Zellweger (26) I still will as even though he was a full time NHLer to end the season, he only just has just over a quarter season's worth of games and was sometimes getting scratched.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I'm sure you know it given you run it every year, but at least in the early portion of these polls, people tend to lean towards the guys who are more pro-ready with all else being equal.
Yeah, the guy who is confident, 2 years older, looks like a man, was in the NCAA championship as a Hobey Baker finalist, and scored in his only NHL game, vs the spindly needs to put on 20#, awestruck kid who only finally put it together for about 3 months.

Massive amount of projection needed for Sennecke, Gauthier just needs to keep showing up. Hopefully Sennecke will be Gauthier or better in 2 years.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yeah, the guy who is confident, 2 years older, looks like a man, was in the NCAA championship as a Hobey Baker finalist, and scored in his only NHL game, vs the spindly needs to put on 20#, awestruck kid who only finally put it together for about 3 months.

Massive amount of projection needed for Sennecke, Gauthier just needs to keep showing up. Hopefully Sennecke will be Gauthier or better in 2 years.

Agreed. Nothing against Sennecke but Cutter was a similar or better prospect at the same age and has developed+performed very well in two years since. Even if someone were to say they see a bit more ultimate upside in Sennecke, I still think Cutter deserves to be ranked ahead today.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
The next pick is interesting. IMO Zellweger and Sennecke are clearly 2 & 3 but I think there's an argument for both at #2. Zellweger is further along, has proven more, and has lots of talent. Sennecke has more potential IMO to be a higher end player than Zellweger. I think Sennecke next for me but it's close.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
In my opinion

1: Sennecke
2/3: zellweger/gauthier
I think maybe that woulda been a conversation next season, but gauthier will graduate this season.

Based on what sennecke #'s in juniors, it would be hard to put him #1 this year
The next pick is interesting. IMO Zellweger and Sennecke are clearly 2 & 3 but I think there's an argument for both at #2. Zellweger is further along, has proven more, and has lots of talent. Sennecke has more potential IMO to be a higher end player than Zellweger. I think Sennecke next for me but it's close.

I feel like Luneau is being slept on tbh... i dont think hell win #2 or #3... but i think he should be very much in the conversation for it.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
I think it's hard not to put Sennecke on top, because he looks more dynamic than Gauthier. Gauthier is a bit less varied, but a better finisher and at this point much stronger player.

In the end because of the certainty I have in Gauthier, he goes #1.

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think Sennecke becomes the best player out of this prospect list but I voted Gauthier cause of where he currently is at the moment in development

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This will be a decent list and to think that by the rules you could add Leo and Minty... it's just insane lol

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
I'll take the projection and go with Sennecke. Not sure about Zellweger, but obviously hoping for the best. I might even have Clara over him. Solberg, I like a lot. Right there with Luneau for me.

Sennecke
Gauthier
Luneau
Solberg
Zellweger

...and scored in his only NHL game...

?

Reactions: Boo Boo

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm going with Gauthier. He has done nothing but exceed expectations after being a top5 pick. Played great at WJC, Worlds, NCAA – being the leader everywhere he plays.

Next up Sennecke. He might end up better than Gauthier but he has a lot of improving to do before he reaches the current level of CG. So leaving him 2nd

Then it will be Zell for me. Seems like only size is the limit for him, he has had a great career so far. But currently I have a little reason to pick him before those two wingers (that we have got in the last 6 months lol)

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad