2024 Draft Thread - Friday June 28 and Saturday June 29 - Sphere Las Vegas

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
If we made this trade it would not have been as good as we would have moved down more spots.

But Carolina got better value for their pick than we did for ours.
That's tricky. I think Toronto wanted Beaudoin or Elick and took that extra pick. Carolina probably played hard to get for longer but if we get 2 players..great.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Not that I’m always a fan of moving back I do find it amusing that now it’s an organizational thing and not a Dubas thing with him gone :laugh:

In this case they get a second back which is a big help for the cupboards.

Moreover I think Clarke should get some benefit of the doubt here with having input on moving back.

Let’s see what he does

Trading back is never the sexy play but sometimes when you're hurting badly for picks it can be a smart play.

I trust our scouting department after the last few years to make the right call on the talent that was available at #23 vs what will be there at #31 and what kind of player they can get at #58.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Not that I’m always a fan of moving back I do find it amusing that now it’s an organizational thing and not a Dubas thing with him gone :laugh:

In this case they get a second back which is a big help for the cupboards.

Moreover I think Clarke should get some benefit of the doubt here with having input on moving back.

Let’s see what he does

Was hoping Treliving would buck the trend that Dubas left behind.

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
No idea what the Leafs are going to do at their pick now. Love that we got a 2nd rounder but it was tough to see guys I wanted picked with or after the pick we gave up. Maybe O’Reilly? Emery? Artamonov?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Trading back is never the sexy play but sometimes when you're hurting badly for picks it can be a smart play.

I trust our scouting department after the last few years to make the right call on the talent that was available at #23 vs what will be there at #31 and what kind of player they can get at #58.
It's that kind of draft. A 58 could be just as good as 32. Leafs have a lot of needs.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Chernyshov looks like he would be a good bet... am I wrong?

I don't know enough about who is left and have only seen highlights of him, but he looks skilled and pretty fast, big body too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad