2024 Draft Thread - Friday June 28 - Sphere Las Vegas

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Bob Mckenzie released his list on TSN if anyone is wanting to see any players that might be in our range
Screenshot_20240625_132202_Firefox.jpg

looks like we should be able to add a good center to the pipeline if Solberg doesn't drop to us. Also wouldn't be shocked if we go completely off the board like the last couple of years either.
Can't wait for Friday!!

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Bob Mckenzie released his list on TSN if anyone is wanting to see any players that might be in our range
View attachment 887101

looks like we should be able to add a good center to the pipeline if Solberg doesn't drop to us. Also wouldn't be shocked if we go completely off the board like the last couple of years either.
Can't wait for Friday!!

Damn, I'd happily take Solberg, Luchanko, Boisvert, Beaudoin or Hage

There's some nice players in that range

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Considering where we pick, I coud see us selecting anyone within the 45ish range. Last year Bob had Cowan at 53, the year before he had Minten at 47.
If that holds true our pick will be one of:

Howe
Miettinen
Hutson
Mews
Skahan
Shuravin
Kleber
Kiviharju
Gill

Out of that group the three most obvious guys who could go higher than ranked are Hutson, Kiviharju, or Mews.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
If that holds true our pick will be one of:

Howe
Miettinen
Hutson
Mews
Skahan
Shuravin
Kleber
Kiviharju
Gill

Out of that group the three most obvious guys who could go higher than ranked are Hutson, Kiviharju, or Mews.
We interviewed Howe at the combine. It's official! Tbh though, I feel like we'd like all of those players. Howe sounds like a less crazy Tucker so I'm sure we love him. Miettinen is a big two way C. Hutson elite skater and offensive d man on the smaller side. Mews another offensive d man. Kiviharju is a huge boom or bust pick. The rest idk anything about. I'm sure if anyone of those guys were our target then I definitely see a trade back happening.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Considering where we pick, I coud see us selecting anyone within the 45ish range. Last year Bob had Cowan at 53, the year before he had Minten at 47.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we take somebody mocked around that area we've been discussing

I think there's enough talent around there that we stay in that general vicinity

Luchanko, Solberg, Beaudoin, Hage etc is a pretty attractive group of potential players

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
One of the Utah-Marner rumours has us getting the 6th overall. Just for fun, if this was true, who would you pick at #6?

For me:

Levshunov
He looks like the real deal on D. A two-way, well rounded, d-man with top pairing potential. Also, supposedly the most ready to join the NHL. I'd target the guys who can play pretty soon given our competitive window.

Lindstrom
Everything you'd want from a 2C. He has enough power, compete, skill and physicality to start as a 4C as early as next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: aingefan

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
One of the Utah-Marner rumours has us getting the 6th overall. Just for fun, if this was true, who would you pick at #6?

For me:

Levshunov
He looks like the real dead on D. A two-way, well rounded, d-man with top pairing potential. Also, supposedly the most ready to join the NHL. I'd target the guys who can play pretty soon given our competitive window.

Lindstrom
Everything you'd want from a 2C. He has enough power, compete, skill and physicality to start as a 4C as early as next year.
I think both will likely be gone by #6. Buium or Dickinson might be a more realistic option.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014

For me:

Levshunov
He looks like the real dead on D. A two-way, well rounded, d-man with top pairing potential. Also, supposedly the most ready to join the NHL. I'd target the guys who can play pretty soon given our competitive window.

Lindstrom
I think it's been rumored that the hawks are very high on Levshunov at #2

Reactions: Malachi Crunch

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

For me:

Levshunov
He looks like the real deal on D. A two-way, well rounded, d-man with top pairing potential. Also, supposedly the most ready to join the NHL. I'd target the guys who can play pretty soon given our competitive window.

Lindstrom

I think that is the right play. Get a top pick, basically get a ton of cap space to add defense now and use the top pick on a top D prospect.

Then use 23 OA to either trade back and get more picks or in a deal for help on the roster

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

For me:

Levshunov

Lindstrom
I'd take Lindstrom if he's still on the board, which is probably doubtful.

chamchibap

Jun 15, 2018

For me:

Levshunov

Lindstrom
Lindstrom>Buium>Silayev>Dickinson would be my preference but they’re all really really attractive options. Silayev could be a real unicorn though. Beautiful skater and defensive skill already

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The betting odds make it look like it's almost a lock that if he's still available at #4, CLB will select him.

View attachment 887445
Columbus's main needs going forward is at the C position, so that would be a smart pickup for them. Montreal similarly needs C's... so, if he doesn't make it past Columbus, I have a hard time thinking he makes it past Montreal. He's going to be a solid 2C though, which would be great for us.

So we assume the following..

that Sharks take Celebrini,
Chicago --> Demidov
Ducks --> Levshunov
Columbus --> Lindstrom
Montreal --> Buium? Catton? Silayev? Parekh?
#6 pick... well three of the above, plus Dickinson would be in play.

However, I've seen rumours that are suggesting the following...

1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Sennecke

Which then makes things very interesting. Do Columbus take the C they need in Lindstrom, or Demidov? and if they don't, what does Montreal do? Demidov could slip to #6... which would be a slam dunk pick at #6.

""

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
I think that is the right play. Get a top pick, basically get a ton of cap space to add defense now and use the top pick on a top D prospect.

Then use 23 OA to either trade back and get more picks or in a deal for help on the roster
Agreed. If this scenario played out, it would a great chance to get a one D in the draft.

Reactions: supermann_98

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Columbus's main needs going forward is at the C position, so that would be a smart pickup for them. Montreal similarly needs C's... so, if he doesn't make it past Columbus, I have a hard time thinking he makes it past Montreal. He's going to be a solid 2C though, which would be great for us.

So we assume the following..

that Sharks take Celebrini,
Chicago --> Demidov
Ducks --> Levshunov
Columbus --> Lindstrom
Montreal --> Buium? Catton? Silayev? Parekh?
#6 pick... well three of the above, plus Dickinson would be in play.

However, I've seen rumours that are suggesting the following...

1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Sennecke

Which then makes things very interesting. Do Columbus take the C they need in Lindstrom, or Demidov? and if they don't, what does Montreal do? Demidov could slip to #6... which would be a slam dunk pick at #6.

""

Levshunov now looks like a strong bet to go #2

Screenshot (1459).png

And the projected order of picks, they have this...

Screenshot (1460).png

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I dropped a few bucks on Dickinson going 2nd just cuz the odds so nice (winnings from Panthers winning the cup) prob won't happen but I ain't crying over losing if there's small chance to win that much! Go Big D go!

Reactions: weems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad