Prospect Info: 2024 Draft, 9th Overall, Zayne Parekh

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Zayne Parekh had one of the most productive offensive seasons for a draft eligible defenceman in quite some time. Parekh put up 33 goals and 63 assists of 96 points in 66 games for the Saginaw Spirit. He led all OHL defencemen in both goals and points. Parekh was a key piece to Saginaw finishing with the second most points in the league. He has also added two goals and seven points in seven OHL playoff games so far. Parekh also excelled on the international stage this year. He played for Team Canada at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup in the summer. He put up three assists in five tournament games, helping Canada win the gold medal.

Our Scouting Report

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I am not satisfied. Huska didn't manage the end of the season tactically well, useless wins that mattered how exactly? Ah, that we f*** up in the draft a few months later. No Caton or Iginla- have that now.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Kid needs to hit the gym badly but he's definitely got the talent to be a 60+pt defenseman in the NHL. For basically just starting a rebuild our blueline already has a lot of real interesting prospects. Diverse bunch, tons of em are either all offense or all defense :laugh:

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
I’ve seen him a lot.

Calgary got a D that doesn’t play D. He’s cocky af and you can sell your zambonis because the amount of time he lays on the ice “injured” he can clean the ice at the same time. I’d be pissed if I was a Flames fan.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Going into the draft people wanted high potential guys, this guys potential is about as high as it gets for this draft. Buium was my choice with whose left but absolutely no problem with this pick.

Reactions: Felidae

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I don't feel great about this pick. Sure hope he proves me wrong.
Lets hope he gets on the WJC next year and shows a little team D

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
If they let him play his game, this could end up being a solid pick. But if try force him to be a defensive defenseman, then this will get ugly.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I’ve seen him a lot.

Calgary got a D that doesn’t play D. He’s cocky af and you can sell your zambonis because the amount of time he lays on the ice “injured” he can clean the ice at the same time. I’d be pissed if I was a Flames fan.
Scouting reports from angry London fans

Reactions: Mitts

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Suck hard and loudly next year. We’ll be coming up on 9 years without a top 10 pick used on a forward.

Feels like we’ve acquired 30 dmen in the last year or so. Just makes the Honzek pick stand out really poorly

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I’ve seen him a lot.

You make it sound like he basically has a Mike Ribeiro calibre skill set with same level of dive?

We badly needed RD in our system. So this is good :)

Reactions: Nanuuk

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I’ve seen him a lot.

Seems like you have way too much of an axe to grind to be rational about the player, so I think a chuckle is the most appropriate response.

Reactions: Mitts

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Didn’t love this pick immediately.
After an hour, still don’t love it. We’ll see.

Probably 2-4 years from playing in the league anyway.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Parekh is a legitimate manipulator. He doesn’t wait for holes to open up in the defensive coverage to make a play; he bends opponents to his will and makes those openings for himself. A combination of fakes, feints, look-offs, and handling skill sends would-be checkers into the spin cycle, and out of each cloud of dust emerges Parekh, activating into space to improve the condition of each play before making his decision with the puck. -EliteProspects 2024 NHL Draft Guide
I like these words.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad