Prospect Info: 2024 Draft (4/116): Christian Kirsch (G) | Zug Jr (SwiJr)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This pick was acquired from Vegas in the Adin Hill trade

NOTE: He is committed to the University of Massachusetts and according to EliteProspects may play for the Green Bay Gamblers (USHL) next season.

OutletRank
NHL Central Scouting#17 European Goalie
TSN Bob McKenzieNR
TSN Craig ButtonNR
EliteProspectsNR
Future Considerations#119
THN Ryan KennedyNR
THN Tony FerrariNR
TankathonNR
FloHockeyNR
Daily FaceoffNR
Dobber HockeyNR
The Hockey WritersNR

EliteProspects

His big body comes with a few delays while trying to manoeuvre around the crease, but he makes up for it with clean footwork, and strong edgework while down in the butterfly

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Who knows about this guy, but I guess he's committed to UMass? And the FC Hockey site seems to like him, at least, ranking him 119 and having some nice things to say about him in the previews that I can see: 25836 - Czechia vs. Switzerland - FCHockey
Kirsch, already committed to UMass, has decent size and his speed in the crease is noteworthy. He generates strength well and is able to move around the blue paint at a high level as a result. He is often seen using big t-pushes to move between positions, and also employs a solid butterfly movement game. Kirsch is also an excellent pucktracker. He keeps his eyes locked onto the puck well and finds...

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Also should be a lock for the Swiss U18’s and U20’s. Young kid with projectable size and athleticism. His stats only tell part of the story. Get him some NHL coaching and he becomes a possible #1 or at the very least a quality backup.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I've drafted him a couple of times in FHM, though he hasn't turned into an NHL player yet.

That's literally all I know about him.

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
Some thoughts on this one. Granted I don’t know anything about anything but I’m still going to say something.

Kirsch was the 17th overall European goalie according to NHL central scouting.

He wasn’t on Pronman’s top 12 goalie rankings for the draft (Paywall)

Gidlof the grey was still on the board (and was Pronman’s top ranked draft eligible goalie fwiw).

Kiviharju really fell but was there at this pick and went to Minnesota at #122. I wouldn’t have minded taking a swing there.

Hopefully it all works out.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Big, highly mobile goalie. Very dominant behind a good team (won 22 of 30 regular season games for Zug U20, won the title with a playoff GAA of 2.17) but very inconsistent behind poor teams. Therefore he, at times, has been frustrating to watch in international games. Some good games mixed in but mostly underwhelming.

I think he's a good lottery ticket to have but certainly still very green and raw. Very much a project. The upside is there but it's gonna take time.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Heh: Likes the colors and logo but hasn't really watched the Sharks much because "they didn't really have the best goalies"..."Until Blackwood, I think he's an awesome guy." And, "The way he moves is just so smooth, so flexible, and I think he's so good at everything. I think once he has better guys in front of him, better defenders to help him a bit more, it's going to be an awesome team."

All righty!

Also, hilarious, on fellow Swiss netminder Jonas Hiller: "I think he's a bit of an old-style goalie so it's hard to watch him. I didn't really like his style or his body language."

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Heh: Likes the colors and logo but hasn't really watched the Sharks much because "they didn't really have the best goalies"..."Until Blackwood, I think he's an awesome guy." And, "The way he moves is just so smooth, so flexible, and I think he's so good at everything. I think once he has better guys in front of him, better defenders to help him a bit more, it's going to be an awesome team."

All righty!

Also, hilarious, on fellow Swiss netminder Jonas Hiller: "I think he's a bit of an old-style goalie so it's hard to watch him. I didn't really like his style or his body language."

This guy lacks an inner monologue, I love it, “and you, interviewer, you lack grace and style, I do not like you.”

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

All righty!

A lot of disrespect for Martin Jones...

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
I've drafted him a couple of times in FHM, though he hasn't turned into an NHL player yet.

That's literally all I know about him.

Does FHM have an update on rosters after the draft yet? I might get back to playing FHM if they updated roster. Or do they wait until after FA?

Big, highly mobile goalie. Very dominant behind a good team (won 22 of 30 regular season games for Zug U20, won the title with a playoff GAA of 2.17) but very inconsistent behind poor teams. Therefore he, at times, has been frustrating to watch in international games. Some good games mixed in but mostly underwhelming.

I think he's a good lottery ticket to have but certainly still very green and raw. Very much a project. The upside is there but it's gonna take time.

Looks like he has low floor and high ceiling. This is the kind of goalie prospect you take a chance with. Because who cares about high floor and low ceiling when it comes to goalies?

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Rounding up images for some stuff.

Dude looks like he's about 13.

portraits-zug-2.webp

Reactions: Sandisfan